COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also note still sub 200 deaths on the day for all days totals with many days of top ups all the way back to May 9. And sub 150 over a full week back to May 17 These even out the weekend dip and show the clear drop.

Trump who by and large has had a very successful presidency. Let me guess, you think those who voted for him are a basket of deplorables.

It’s a question of risk and the risk for the large majority and for society as a whole is very small.1 in 5 doing so is not enough to cripple most populations because of course most people who contract it don’t get even mildly ill

Trump's been successful, ha.

Don't correct me then
Edited for accuracy
His wife's sister would be family to the child but not him
ALH4lN8.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t understand your point. Yes the average is lower due to lockdown, who’s saying it isn’t.
You’re stating that the risk of passing it on when infected isn’t high. You say the R0 being below 1 shows it’s not high as “on average”, people are only passing it to one other person.

That’s an idiotic way of thinking. The R0 was over 5 before lock down. If you come into contact with people in a normal, not socially distanced environment, you have a high chance of passing the virus on. The ONLY reason it’s now below 1 is because of social distancing and lock down. Therefore if some **** is breaking those rules and dropping a kid off with an elderly relative, saying “but the R0 is below 1 so it’s unlikely they’d get infected” is fucking idiotic.

You don't need to clarify. Rt is by it's own definition the average rate of transmission. As the only published values quoted are either national or regional there is no need to specify anything else unless one wished to make up fantasy numbers to prove a point. And no if an infected person met 100 people he would not infect all 100 of them. That is simply not how it works. If it were the whole world would be infected by now.
Read his context and he’s talking bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.