COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re stating that the risk of passing it on when infected isn’t high. You say the R0 being below 1 shows it’s not high as “on average”, people are only passing it to one other person.

That’s an idiotic way of thinking. The R0 was over 5 before lock down. If you come into contact with people in a normal, not socially distanced environment, you have a high chance of passing the virus on. The ONLY reason it’s now below 1 is because of social distancing and lock down. Therefore if some **** is breaking those rules and dropping a kid off with an elderly relative, saying “but the R0 is below 1 so it’s unlikely they’d get infected” is fucking idiotic.
You seem reluctant or unable to quantify “high”. When R is low the chance of passing it on is low. R is of course an average. I refer you to gelsons dad post no. 43916

The economy, the markets, employment, foreign policy - all successful to varying degrees

Economy was propped up with tax breaks at the expense of the people to make his mates rich. All in tatters as they were built on sand with no protections to the worker.

Foreign policy has been a complete disaster, there is no other argument unless you enjoy the world being run from Beijing and don't value democracy or loyalty.

Come off it chips,the police have fined a ton of people for sunbathing in the park in march/april,it is indefensible
I am not defending what he did. I am just saying have people really nothing more important to worry about in life than whether or not some low life drove to see his Mum or not? Really??? I mean I really could not give one nano-toss.

And the people in the park got what a £50 fine? It's hardly life imprisonment is it.

You have swallowed it line and sinker, am surprised at you,if they cashed or he decided he was too ill they would have taken covid into a hospital,maybe to your daughter or somebody elses not to mention giving it to his old parents via the child
I'd probably have done the same in the same situation so I'm not going to be hypocritical.
It all changes if he did go to Barney Castle though.

I am not defending what he did. I am just saying it's no big deal. Like really, who cares. The people in the park got what a £50 fine? It's hardly life imprisonment is it.
Think back,we all had/have to protect each other,those that made the rules have all broken them,this is a deadly situation,we all should be on the same side,we were told we had to

for the pedants,where do you want the briefing today,here or spread over several threads?

The economy, the markets, employment, foreign policy - all successful to varying degrees

1) Increased both the deficit and national debt by the largest amount of any President ever.
2) Largest one day fall of the US stock market in history - all gains since taking office have gone.
3) unemployment about to hit 20%, currently over 15%.
4) Left US’s allies, The Kurds to be slaughtered by Turkey. Done everything possible to empower Russia.

Last edited:
You seem reluctant or unable to quantify “high”. When R is low the chance of passing it on is low. R is of course an average. I refer you to gelsons dad post no. 43916
Oh my god you’re still too fucking slow to understand.

The community R0 has reduced by a factor of 5 in the last three months, not because the virus has changed, but because of lock down and social distancing. The community R0 has zero effect on Cummins’s wife passing it to the four year old on a four hour drive and then infecting his parents you mouth breathing thunderclit.

You’re clearly quite old, as is Karen, and worried about the virus -

Way off the mark (again).

I am worried about infecting others, hence why I haven't travelled for 5 hours in a car with anyone who is infected. Nor have I stopped at a service station whilst infected.

I also haven't seen my parents for months.

I also have empathy for my fellow man, especially those who have STRICTLY followed THE GOVERNMENT'S guidelines and haven't been able to see people get laid to rest, for example.

What an absolute melt you are. Do us all a favour and fuck off.

EDIT:
When R is low the chance of passing it on is low.

Lol. You think the virus changes depending on what R is. So on Tuesday, R is low, so travelling in a car for 5 hours is fine. But later, when R is higher, travelling in a car becomes much more dangerous.

So stupid.

Last edited:
Economy was propped up with tax breaks at the expense of the people to make his mates rich. All in tatters as they were built on sand with no protections to the worker.

Foreign policy has been a complete disaster, there is no other argument unless you enjoy the world being run from Beijing and don't value democracy or loyalty.
I’m not sure I follow your economics logic. It’s called the free market, tax breaks encourage investment, wealth creation and crucially more jobs hence a 50 yr low in the unemployment rate. I don’t understand who the “mates” you refer to are or whether they have benefitted from soaring GDP, a burgeoning Dow Jones etc etc like many normal US citizens have.

How has foreign policy been a disaster ? A non interventionist policy has saved billions (trillions ? ) of dollars and his abrupt utterances have brought the inefficacy of organisations like the UN and the WHO into sharper focus. He fired a significant warning shot across Iran’s bows with the assassination of Solimani (?) and he’s made a real effort to engage with North Korea and thus both regimes are less dangerous to the west than they were before he took office.

What does “don’t value democracy or loyalty” mean in this context and how is it relevant ?

You seem reluctant or unable to quantify “high”.
Ask these guys:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/de...gement-contact-novel-coronavirus-cases-EU.pdf

“1. High-risk exposure (close contacts*)
• A person living in the same household as a COVID-19 case
• A person having had direct physical contact with a COVID-19 case (e.g. shaking hands)
• A person having unprotected direct contact with infectious secretions of a COVID-19 case (e.g. being
coughed on, touching used paper tissues with a bare hand)
• A person having had face-to-face contact with a COVID-19 case within 2 metres [2] and > 15 minutes
• A person who was in a closed environment (e.g. classroom, meeting room, hospital waiting room, etc.)
with a COVID-19 case for 15 minutes or more and at a distance of less than 2 metres
• A healthcare worker (HCW) or other person providing direct care for a COVID-19 case, or laboratory
workers handling specimens from a COVID-19 case without recommended PPE or with a possible breach
of PPE [3]
• A contact in an aircraft sitting within two seats (in any direction) of the COVID-19 case, travel companions
or persons providing care, and crew members serving in the section of the aircraft where the index case was seated [4] (if severity of symptoms or movement of the case indicate more extensive exposure, passengers seated in the entire section or all passengers on the aircraft may be considered close contacts)
2. Low-risk exposure (casual contact)
• A person who was in a closed environment with a COVID-19 case for less than 15 min or at a distance of more than 2 metres
• A person having had face-to-face contact with a COVID-19 case for less than 15 min and at a distance of less than 2 metres
• Traveling together with a COVID-19 case in any kind of conveyance.
Longer duration of contact increases the risk of transmission; the 15-minute limit is arbitrarily selected for practical purposes. Based on individual risk assessments, public health authorities may consider expanding contact tracing and management to persons who had a shorter duration of contact with a case.”

As I say, someone/anyone in the same vehicle as someone infected for any length of time (and certainly four hours), has a high risk of contracting the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.