COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, we should’ve stopped crowds going to sporting events sooner and I think both were bad decisions but I don’t think there was anything particularly sinister in letting those events go ahead. Cheltenham started on the Tuesday and the Liverpool game was the same night but we need to remember that just 2 days earlier we played a derby at Old Trafford and there was never any suggestion that that game should be called off. Also, our game at home to Arsenal the night after the Liverpool v Atletico game would’ve been played if some Arsenal players hadn’t been in contact with a virus carrier. It was during that week that things seemed to move very fast for me - from attending the derby match (my third game in 7 days after Wembley and Hillsborough) on the Sunday and the virus being a talking point but by no means the main topic of conversation, the whole thing escalated like fuck over the next few days and by the end of that week when I finished work on the Friday, I went home and pretty much battened down the hatches for the weekend.
The stats show the Derby was nearly as bad as the other two. It's actually the enclosed spaces under the stands at Football games and Racecourses that are the most dangerous along with pubs and restaurants near by.

Weekly deaths updated.

avarage-Deaths-Week20.png

The apparent rise again is just due to under reporting of the previous week due to VE Day. Just in case anyone looks at it and gets worried.

From an email I've had this morning. Bear in mind we're being advised to wear masks on public transport, in shops and 'other reasonably enclosed areas'

Yet....

TbDXo0Q.png

From Sky it sounds more a precaution as its a small hospital with adequate provision nearby sure there are posters on here from around there who will know better.
Its always snowed under at bank holiday and regularly A&E patients get redirected elsewhere. SO it's not exactly a new phenomena.

For me, we should’ve stopped crowds going to sporting events sooner and I think both were bad decisions but I don’t think there was anything particularly sinister in letting those events go ahead. Cheltenham started on the Tuesday and the Liverpool game was the same night but we need to remember that just 2 days earlier we played a derby at Old Trafford and there was never any suggestion that that game should be called off. Also, our game at home to Arsenal the night after the Liverpool v Atletico game would’ve been played if some Arsenal players hadn’t been in contact with a virus carrier. It was during that week that things seemed to move very fast for me - from attending the derby match (my third game in 7 days after Wembley and Hillsborough) on the Sunday and the virus being a talking point but by no means the main topic of conversation, the whole thing escalated like fuck over the next few days and by the end of that week when I finished work on the Friday, I went home and pretty much battened down the hatches for the weekend.

There wasn't as much clamour from the public on derby weekend to stop mass gatherings but you'd think the people in charge would have access to a lot more data to make better informed decisions before the public and sporting bodies started revolting at the blatant madness of continuing.

If it weren't for the Premier League and other bodies defying Government advice, we could be looking at thousands more dead on top of an excess mortality death toll that's already the biggest in the world.

We were the last country in Europe to impose restrictions (even after Sweden) and it fatally undermined future social distancing advice. There can't be any excuses: the delay killed a huge number of people.

There wasn't as much clamour from the public on derby weekend to stop mass gatherings but you'd think the people in charge would have access to a lot more data to make better informed decisions before the public and sporting bodies started revolting at the blatant madness of continuing.

If it weren't for the Premier League and other bodies defying Government advice, we could be looking at thousands more dead on top of an excess mortality death toll that's already the biggest in the world.

We were the last country in Europe to impose restrictions (even after Sweden) and it fatally undermined future social distancing advice. There can't be any excuses: the delay killed a huge number of people.
My father would probably have caught it from me if the Burnley game had not be cancelled. I go to see him before games and I had probably been infected 3 days earlier.
He's 90 on BP meds and with slight breathing problems. Chances of survival - pretty slim. Though he did survive Scarlet Fever and Diphtheria as a child (as he keeps telling me).

Last edited:
From an email I've had this morning. Bear in mind we're being advised to wear masks on public transport, in shops and 'other reasonably enclosed areas'

Yet....

TbDXo0Q.png
I asked my Son-in-Law about this. It's down to the Children's mental health that teachers are not being asked to wear masks and children would simply touch them and move them around all the time.

im not convinced this is VE day.

18 days since VE day.

going by averages.

5 days for average incubation + its week 2 normally for hospitalisation so that's 12 days.

Course it isn't but people were clamouring for there to be a big rise after that so they could say 'I told you so'. Still holding on to it after nearly 3 weeks so they don't have to admit they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.