COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though if I'm reading that correctly, the initial number of registered deaths has marginally increased in the last couple of days (19 on the 23rd, 23 on the 24th and 24 yesterday?).

Broadly speaking though. Was in the 40s/30s very recently. Dropping into the low 20s now.

Just under a third of the deaths over the Bank Holiday were in the North West compared with London which was half that number.

They may have been triggered by the last Bank Holiday given the gap between getting ill and becoming critical.

If local lockdowns are needed I think the North West might well be a prime location for them.

20% is probably the max infection because there are standard immune system responses happening that are dealing with 40% to 50% of infections. This would get us close to the overall 66% herd immunity for Covid-19 infections. I.e without a need of the immune system producing T and B cell lymphocites targeted at the virus.

Interesting - can you explain that a little more please? Would the T & B cells kick in before anti-bodies jumping on the virus or is it actually the other way round (at least if you have immunity)?
Thanks.

Just under a third of the deaths over the Bank Holiday were in the North West compared with London which was half that number.

They may have been triggered by the last Bank Holiday given the gap between getting ill and becoming critical.

If local lockdowns are needed I think the North West might well be a prime location for them.
I'm not sure why, or how, they reached their conclusion but there were forecasts at the beginning of April (from those in the relevant fields) that the North West peak would be from Mid May.

the graph on from that article being used underhandedly or the graph I post each week being used underhandedly?

I post a graph each week that is just the raw data from the ONS for the last 10 years. it doesn't show the 5 year average line though but I track that too.

this is the 5 year average and this year.

5year-Avarage-Deaths-Week20.png

I meant the graph has been used underhandedly by others rather than the one you post. Not sure if it was used on here or via a twitter commentator...

We'll get a clearer indication on whether the virus is dying out or not in the next few weeks. All those crowded beaches and public areas in the good weather, not to mention raves and mass parties police have been called to,including a huge one in Peterborough.

Here I am seeing neighbours starting to mingle more and grandparents visiting, tradesmen calling to do work. The lockdown is unofficially over.

So I have refused to work in Covid houses, IE where there is someone who has Covid. (I dont mind the risk of not knowing but I do not want to knowinngly increase the risk by working with clients who have covid. (There are plenty of support workers who dont mind btw)

They have said it is part of my role and if I do not agree to these clients I would lose my other shifts (Because the risks are the same with every client apparently) and then obviously my job. They're having a big pow wow about it now and I expect them to hand me my notice.

The undertone to the whole thing is that I am being uncaring, scared, unreasonable etc etc and I really dont know (Or care tbh - My wife is at risk and we're both in our fifties, my dad died last week of it and I dont know if I am susceptible to this virus). Anyone out there in a similar situation and just getting on with it, or anyone got any advice?
Sort you and yours out first mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.