COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by urban genie, 25 Jan 2020.

1. Cityfan

Cityfan

It pretty much knocks on the head the idea that you are likely to have symptomatic infection without developing a humoral response. Doesn't mean that T cells are not very important for fighting the infection. They are.

2. Mon Autre

Mon Autre

Things like this can affect behaviour without it necessarily being an act of open rebellion. It changes people's perceptions of what is/isnt safe and/or socially acceptable. Whether you care to admit it or not, everyone's behaviour is interrelated in some way or another and the decisions taken by this government will have had a trickle down effect and will harm us all in one way or another.

3. cleavers

cleavers

Why ?

If the sensible thing to do is follow the rules, then do the sensible thing for you and your family/friends, let idiots be idiots, you don't need to join them.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Elbow beards

Elbow beards

Bad news coming from South Korea, that's it's on the increase again and may have to go into restrictions again. Bloody never gonna end this :(

5. mexico1970

mexico1970

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    I have done what I have needed to do during this Covid crisis, I haven't seen my family have kept my distance where humanly possible and have washed my hands to death when the mail comes or have been shopping. As you say this starts in the main with personal responsibilty if you're fortunate enough to have to not go to work or leave the house.

My garden is the best on the block now though, it was a shit state before the crisis hit and the relationship with her indoors hasn't deteriorated having spent so much time with her. Mind you she's on the phone 24/7 and I have a decent garden to escape to if it looks like she's getting confrontational :)

BlueAnorak and tolmie's hairdoo like this.
  6. Rammy Blue

Rammy Blue

That’s the 3rd time it’s been posted already this morning, lol.

Gaylord du Bois and BlueAnorak like this.
  7. BlueHammer85

BlueHammer85

yep. If there is a ‘second wave’ ... zero chance people will lockdown like they did a couple months ago

8. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

You think the scrotes though even know who Cummings is or even take any personal responsibility for their own actions?

For the past month I have seen hundreds of people taking the piss in my own locality, those people will take the piss regardless.

People who are responsible will continue to be responsible. Sadly, there are enough ignorant chunks of the populous who only care about themselves.

If more people let some weirdo like Cummings inform their decision, they were probably already looking for a get out of jail free card anyhow.

9. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

Surely its not a case of " he's not abiding by the rules so why should i"
    The precautions are to protect us all so why risk your life.

He is no better than others who break rules but we stay away from them if we value our health

mexico1970 likes this.
  10. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

IT IS A DISGRACE and yet it's worse elsewhere with the UK being about the best of badly hit countries.
    32% of care homes in England had Covid-19 cases. 38% in Wales, and 48% in Scotalnd. Elsewhere in Europe it's over 50%, New york state its 60%+ and in Canada it's 81%.
    Over 50% of deaths in most western nations are in care homes. In the home nations this only applies in Scotland. In the UK as a whole it's only about a third (33%) for all excess deaths and 20% for Covid-19 related deaths.
    But who could have stopped the NHS discharging patients to care homes? Front line beuracrates? Their bosses? I'm sorry, but sadly no common sence is allowed in on-command beuracratic processes.

Last edited: 28 May 2020