COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes to furlough pay to be announced today.
Be interesting theres no way the firm I work for will pay for people to be off work.
Wrong I know

Changes to furlough pay to be announced today.
Be interesting theres no way the firm I work for will pay for people to be off work.
Wrong I know
We have had emails both from the company and union letting us know June's pay is no change but get ready for bad news

For people who say the measures are being eased due to political reasons, why are Scotland doing pretty much the exact same thing at the same time?

Fwiw I think it is too early but 1st June was always the plan and obviously they don’t want to budge on it.

For people who say the measures are being eased due to political reasons, why are Scotland doing pretty much the exact same thing at the same time?

Fwiw I think it is too early but 1st June was always the plan and obviously they don’t want to budge on it.

If they don't ease restrictions they'd be slated for it and if they do they'd be slated for it, so is the state of the mindset of the media and people of an opposite political position.

If they don't ease restrictions they'd be slated for it and if they do they'd be slated for it, so is the state of the mindset of the media and people of an opposite political position.
It's undoubtedly an impossible balancing act but we've had time to put things in place like an app that works etc and we've just slept on it for months.

Whatever changes happen won't change mine & Mrs Moon's lifestyle in the short-term my only lax moment has been a game of golf last week, I'll be off to play again when my mate can get some time off work but that apart its shopping early doors and in the backyard/garden with the odd drive staying in the car.

It's undoubtedly an impossible balancing act but we've had time to put things in place like an app that works etc and we've just slept on it for months.

Whatever changes happen won't change mine & Mrs Moon's lifestyle in the short-term my only lax moment has been a game of golf last week, I'll be off to play again when my mate can get some time off work but that apart its shopping early doors and in the backyard/garden with the odd drive staying in the car.

I hope you enjoyed your golf bud and you have many rounds of golf with your mate real soon. But on this subject the scientists don't seem to have a clue and the term "There's an app for that" doesn't cut the mustard where this virus is concerned.

Everything is politically charged now and it clouds the water, we could have done better but the Tories would have been slated whatever they did, as would have Labour if they were in power.

I find that hard to believe tbh.

The conclusion if true (as stated in the article) would be that contact tracing would be unlikely to work, because even if you were 100% successful at identifying cases and their contacts and isolating all of them (clearly impossible) you would only be isolating 30% of infected people and their contacts. And perhaps half of that in reality.

And yet the empirical evidence from places like South Korea is that extensive testing and contact tracing does work, and in fact is incredibly effective. I cannot imagine how South Korea would have managed to keep the death toll down to 269 (they have a similar population and population density to us) if they could never identify 70% plus of infected people. That makes no sense.
For what it's worth, I agree. I could possibly believe 30%, but 70%? No. Other surveys will confirm one way or the other there are a lot appearing at the moment.
You actually don't need testing for track and trace to work as proven in Taiwan.
Testing helps massively of course, but it isn't 100% necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.