COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
... according to a sky journalist.
New daily cases under 2000 with many regions at much lower levels of infection seems ok as the time to start for me.

He's a very senior journo claiming he's quoting the Downing Street press briefing. Do you think he's just lying? I guess I can't prove you wrong, but you're basically 'fake news'-ing it with absolutely no proof either. Vallance literally said there's a significant amount of infection in society last night and we are in a fragile state. It mirrors up quite well. I guess this will go nowhere as neither of us can technically prove *anything* we post in this thread at all.

Anyway. Rise in hospital admissions again in London, apparently... obviously he could be lying, and hopefully he is hey!

Edit - not making this up - promise! I live right off Oxford road/near the Mancunian way, and the siren levels have gone notably up again around here too. I know it could be for other reasons, but its reminding me of a few weeks ago.

As I understand the contact tracing you get symptomatic, you notify and get sent a test in the post. You send it back and if tested positive you are then emailed or phoned to provide names, emails and phone numbers of people you remember being in contact with.

Stuff that!

You will get a phone call asking for the phone numbers and email addresses of your contacts!
Anyone trying that with me unverified will get a two word answer.
I don’t even talk to my bank when they call me, even when I know it’s them. I always tell them to put anything important in writing or if I think it may be critical I call the bank via another phone.
It will be a scammers paradise.

If NHS Test and Trace calls you by phone, the service will be using a single phone number 0300 0135 000. The only website the service will ask you to visit is https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk

If you think you have been subjected to, or a victim of, a scam or attempted fraud using Track and Trace or any other fraud you should call 101 or contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. If you or someone else is in immediate danger or risk of harm dial 999.

Contact tracers will never ask residents to dial a premium rate number such as those starting 09 or 087, never request payment, ask for any bank account details, for social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts, will never ask for any passwords or ask to set up any passwords or PINs.

They will never ask you to purchase a product or to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your computer, smartphone or tablet, will never ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS.

He's a very senior journo claiming he's quoting the Downing Street press briefing. Do you think he's just lying? I guess I can't prove you wrong, but you're basically 'fake news'-ing it with absolutely no proof either. Vallance literally said there's a significant amount of infection in society last night and we are in a fragile state. It mirrors up quite well. I guess this will go nowhere as neither of us can technically prove *anything* we post in this thread at all.

Anyway. Rise in hospital admissions again in London, apparently... obviously he could be lying, and hopefully he is hey!

Edit - not making this up - promise! I live right off Oxford road/near the Mancunian way, and the siren levels have gone notably up again around here too. I know it could be for other reasons, but its reminding me of a few weeks ago.

Why does he think it's a blip? We know for a fact hospital admissions are going to go up if you ease a lockdown, as will hospitalizations and deaths.

Hmmm... sensing a slight rise again?
Do you enjoy looking for bad news? 177 deaths in hospital announced we are awaiting the number in all settings. Last Friday as a comparison the total number in all settings was circa 380. Some good news though. May 21 number of hospital admissions was 697, May 28 the number was 475. May 21 number of ventilators used was 13%, May 28 11%. New cases per day have dropped by around 10% w-o-w and Sweden has the highest death rate this week per capita not the UK. So there is some good news if you look

We have to open up the economy soon or the country is fucked. Wales and Scotland are now opening up too and they've got areas as bad, if not worse, than the hotspots in England. With track and trace starting up, I think the risk is covered. If it isn't, localised lockdowns will take place.
BTW journalists that use "sources" like in that article are the biggest fakers/WUMs of all. if they have real evidence, follow it up and publish the data that backs up what the sources have said.

Last edited:
Do you enjoy looking for bad news? 177 deaths in hospital announced we are awaiting the number in all settings. Last Friday as a comparison the total number in all settings was circa 380. Some good news though. May 21 number of hospital admissions was 697, May 28 the number was 475. May 21 number of ventilators used was 13%, May 28 11%. New cases per day have dropped by around 10% w-o-w and Sweden has the highest death rate this week per capita not the UK. So there is some good news if you look

Of course I don't. I see it, and share it. Like i've shared plenty of positive things too about studies and info. Always happy to hear positive stuff :)

As at IT Architect for the last 20 years the data is going to be kept safe by Caldecott Guardians in the NHS/PHE .
Having dealt with Goigle as well as the NHS, I'd trust the NHS/PHE with my data more than I trust Google/Apple.

doesn't matter if the data is "unhackable" and stored in the most secure system in the world when there is no clarity on what the data can be used for and by who etc. While I can see an advantage of a centralised solution ( infection heat maps for example ) there is a startling lack if clarity about it all. even the T&C's are using american legal terms so arn't even legally binding in this country.

Google and Apple solution doesn't save any real data to be abused. location data is not taken for example, the only thing stored is a an anonymous device identifier that once you click "infected" your 1 id gets sent to a DB, that "infected" DB is then downloaded to devices where all the risk assemsents are done on device and warnings given on device to tell you that you have been near someone who has now got symptoms.

and more importantly would have been up and running far far quicker.

Last edited:
But it's not. Might as well hope the sun doesn't come up tomorrow.

The numbers 100% certainly will go up, the question is about how much, and how quickly and if it tips R over 1 again.

Yes, he obviously knows it isn't. It's just an expression, mate. It's what humans do. Express positivity/hope in the face of negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.