COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to open up the economy soon or the country is fucked. Wales and Scotland are now opening up too and they've gotc areas as bad, if not worse, than the hotspots in England. With track and trace starting up, I think the risk is covered. If it isn't, localised lockdowns will take place.
BTW journalists the use "sources" like that in that article are the biggest fakers/WUMs of all. if they have real evidence, follow it up and publish the data that backs up what the sources have said.
Incidently I can't see how London can open up without proper safety measures on the Underground, trams and busses.
Staff in PPE, checking of temperatures, no mask on then no travel, disinfecting of everything regularly.
All I can see implemented is a one way system in Tube corridors.

Last edited:
We have to open up the economy soon or the country is fucked. Wales and Scotland are now opening up too and they've gotc areas as bad, if not worse, than the hotspots in England. With track and trace starting up, I think the risk is covered. If it isn't, localised lockdowns will take place.
BTW journalists the use "sources" like that in that article are the biggest fakers/WUMs of all. if they have real evidence, follow it up and publish the data that backs up what the sources have said.

Yes, I know, and I actually agree. My point is a transparency/honest thing once again, if that's the case that they just need to open for the economy right now, why pretend that they'll only do it when its safe and right? Why give all that covid alert bullshit if they're not gonna stick to it? You might believe they are, I don't think they are at all. I think the people leading us are liars. Compulsive liars in fact. I suspect we don't agree on this.

I am totally fine with us opening up, if everything possible is being done to protect us. I just don't think it is. As you have repeatedly said - no mask advice. You also just posted about measures to protect people on the tubes. We won't do anything on this either. I think we should have had a proven, working track and trace system fully operational before we got back to normal personally. But we don't yet, and we just don't know if it'll work. But we'll open anyway. And this is why what happens in competent, organised countries like South Korea won't, in my opinion, work here. It's a half-arsed copy job without the intrinsic detail needed to cut risks at every corner. I might be wrong, but given its our government doing it, I'm sceptical. They've lost any remnants of trust I had for them. You may feel different, fair enough.

That article is just fear mongering. It is nothing like HIV/Aids in anyway. HIV was a slow death sentence for EVERY single person it infected. >99% of people who get Coronavirus survive and their immune system fights it off.

Now this virus is a serious issue, with a lot of people dying or suffering its consequences. But lets not make it into something it is not. It is no where near as deadly as HIV.

There is currently no evidence to suggest that it stays inactive in the cells like herpes does and could flare up again at a later date.

Hmmm. This ain't good.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/sci...me-strategy-hiv-dodge-immune-response-chinese

Essentially, looks like this is likely to hang around and flare up again in people. Really bad in fact. Sars didn't do this, and its a notable difference.

doesn't matter if the data is "unhackable" and stored in the most secure system in the world when there is no clarity on what the data can be used for and by who etc. While I can see an advantage of a centralised solution ( infection heat maps for example ) there is a startling lack if clarity about it all. even the T&C's are using american legal terms so arn't even legally binding in this country.

Google and Apple solution doesn't save any real data to be abused. location data is not taken for example, the only thing stored is a an anonymous device identifier that once you click "infected" your 1 id gets sent to a DB, that "infected" DB is then downloaded to devices where all the risk assemsents are done on device and warnings given on device to tell you that you have been near someone who has now got symptoms.

and more importantly would have been up and running far far quicker.
Yeah but the reality is we need to keep this data for the next pandemic.

If NHS Test and Trace calls you by phone, the service will be using a single phone number 0300 0135 000. The only website the service will ask you to visit is https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk

If you think you have been subjected to, or a victim of, a scam or attempted fraud using Track and Trace or any other fraud you should call 101 or contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. If you or someone else is in immediate danger or risk of harm dial 999.

Contact tracers will never ask residents to dial a premium rate number such as those starting 09 or 087, never request payment, ask for any bank account details, for social media identities or login details, or those of your contacts, will never ask for any passwords or ask to set up any passwords or PINs.

They will never ask you to purchase a product or to download any software to your device or ask you to hand over control of your computer, smartphone or tablet, will never ask you to access any website that does not belong to the Government or NHS.
They won’t get past good day with me...
They will be largely wasting their time if this report is true.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-symptoms-not-isolating-sage-track-and-trace

So, first day of Phase 1 in Scotland and if today in my street is anything to go by, people visiting other people’s houses are going to give zero fucks about social distancing. Visitors wandering in and out of the house, just basically acting like the pandemic is over. Maybe I’m a miserable bastard but I just don’t get the selfishness on display. Especially when so many people don’t show obvious symptoms.
Sadly, not that surprised.

Yes, I know, and I actually agree. My point is a transparency/honest thing once again, if that's the case that they just need to open for the economy right now, why pretend that they'll only do it when its safe and right? Why give all that covid alert bullshit if they're not gonna stick to it? You might believe they are, I don't think they are at all. I think the people leading us are liars. Compulsive liars in fact. I suspect we don't agree on this.

I am totally fine with us opening up, if everything possible is being done to protect us. I just don't think it is. As you have repeatedly said - no mask advice. You also just posted about measures to protect people on the tubes. We won't do anything on this either. I think we should have had a proven, working track and trace system fully operational before we got back to normal personally. But we don't yet, and we just don't know if it'll work. But we'll open anyway. And this is why what happens in competent, organised countries like South Korea won't, in my opinion, work here. It's a half-arsed copy job without the intrinsic detail needed to cut risks at every corner. I might be wrong, but given its our government doing it, I'm sceptical. They've lost any remnants of trust I had for them. You may feel different, fair enough.
You have a point I grant you that.
But most normal people have ZERO trust in MSM. Indeed, all the MSM have done is finger point and blame storm from day one and they have no intellectual rigour at all.
You don't have to BE the story to hold government to account.

Last edited:
We have to open up the economy soon or the country is fucked. Wales and Scotland are now opening up too and they've got areas as bad, if not worse, than the hotspots in England. With track and trace starting up, I think the risk is covered. If it isn't, localised lockdowns will take place.
BTW journalists that use "sources" like in that article are the biggest fakers/WUMs of all. if they have real evidence, follow it up and publish the data that backs up what the sources have said.
Not so sure ,new cases and deaths in general, but especially Lothian and Glasgow have really dropped this past 5 days. New cases across Scotland have been around 30 and deaths 20-30. I know it’s only a rough extrapolation but multiply for population by 10 it’s equivalent to 300 cases and 2-300 deaths per day in England.The new cases being the most relevant figure.

So, first day of Phase 1 in Scotland and if today in my street is anything to go by, people visiting other people’s houses are going to give zero fucks about social distancing. Visitors wandering in and out of the house, just basically acting like the pandemic is over. Maybe I’m a miserable bastard but I just don’t get the selfishness on display. Especially when so many people don’t show obvious symptoms.
Sadly, not that surprised.
Boris’ fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.