COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidently all door handles, door push plates, lift buttons, road crossing buttons and surrounding button facias should be made from copper, brass, cupronickel or chromium as viruses and bacteria would be killed within an hour without the need for being disinfected.
Nickel could also be used but 17% of women and 3% of men (average 10%) are hypersensitive to this metal so why it is used as the outer coating of 5p and 10p coins since 2012 is beyond me.

Anyway a micro texture can now be etched into these metal surfaces with a laser that can that can decrease kill time to a couple of minutes.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/04/200409162308.htm

This one last 4h on Copper but agreed its generally far more hostile to viruses than other surfaces.

And I agree about Nickle. had a belt with a Nickle buckle and it messed up my skin big time!

Hearing the death figures for the 'last 24 hours', it beggars belief people think it's too soon to lift restrictions. Its dieing out, and fast.

Hearing the death figures for the 'last 24 hours', it beggars belief people think it's too soon to lift restrictions. Its dieing out, and fast.
Don’t know whats happening but the death figures especially for a weekend aren’t the right figures to watch, new positives are the only way to decide.

Don’t know whats happening but the death figures especially for a weekend aren’t the right figures to watch, new positives are the only way to decide.
Seven day trend is better and whilst the death rate is going down it has flatlined these past few days. Would be interested to know if the majority of the hospital deaths have been from people who were initially in care homes who then transferred to hospitals. If that is the case it might make the lifting of restrictions slightly more sensible as it may mean the infection is localised within care homes rather than in the general population. Or it could be I am clutching at straws

So now would be the perfect time to keep restrictions in place for a couple of weeks in order to get right on top of the situation.
Not just call it quits., let every fucker do what they want and risk going back to square one. It's not like people are advocating a lockdown until September, just another few weeks. The country won't buckle in that time, the economy won't crash in that time, just play it fucking safe for once. The government have made so many mistakes in the last 3 months, it'd be nice to see them finally get something right.
I won't hold my breath though.

So now would be the perfect time to keep restrictions in place for a couple of weeks in order to get right on top of the situation.
Not just call it quits., let every fucker do what they want and risk going back to square one. It's not like people are advocating a lockdown until September, just another few weeks. The country won't buckle in that time, the economy won't crash in that time, just play it fucking safe for once. The government have made so many mistakes in the last 3 months, it'd be nice to see them finally get something right.
I won't hold my breath though.

i get what you are saying, but the 'we should just stay in lockdown for another couple weeks' has been touted since start of April.

the economic damage has created so much pain for many, to say 'let's just wait another couple of weeks' wont hold much longer, most of the public gave up a few weeks ago.

Seven day trend is better and whilst the death rate is going down it has flatlined these past few days. Would be interested to know if the majority of the hospital deaths have been from people who were initially in care homes who then transferred to hospitals. If that is the case it might make the lifting of restrictions slightly more sensible as it may mean the infection is localised within care homes rather than in the general population. Or it could be I am clutching at straws
7 day is better , but with deaths lagging infection by 3 weeks plus, we need to watch new infections, if we wait for deaths to go up before acting it’s already too late.The UK has flattened off at around 2000.
Where Scotland with its extra 3 weeks has continued falling quite steeply and even if it levels out like England now we have a slight lifting it’s levelling at a much lower relative level.

Spain had zero deaths in the last 24 hours, 35 in the last week. And schools opening in September at the earliest.

i get what you are saying, but the 'we should just stay in lockdown for another couple weeks' has been touted since start of April.

the economic damage has created so much pain for many, to say 'let's just wait another couple of weeks' wont hold much longer, most of the public gave up a few weeks ago.
You had a lockdown 'lite' from the very start. That wasn't enough for loads though who have constantly ignored the advice given. If people are too fucking stupid to stay indoors during a worldwide pandemic then frankly I couldn't give a toss about them and would happily see them suffer - sadly though its not just them who will suffer but all the poor cunts they infect.
You were already weeks behind many other countries at the start of April so a few more weeks being touted should have been the minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.