COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the rules with train journeys? Am I allowed to go between London and Birmingham and back again?
Only if the train driver has done a 60 mile round car trip (with the missus and kid in toe) to check his eyesight. Preferably to an idyllic beauty spot as that's been proven to make the test 100% accurate.

I wonder when the ‘bank holiday weekend madness’ spike in covid infections will start? If it doesn’t, and there are no signs that it will, what will that say about the way forward? Maybe there is a lot more immunity than thought and perhaps it will just die out of its own volition, with no vaccine needed, as suggested by Professor Karol Sikora (oncologist).

Hospital death figures up somewhat today. A little worrying.

215 in total. 179 in England. 11 Scotland. 17 in Wales, 8 in Northern Ireland.

20 were from yesterday in England and quite a lot of older deaths added - including some more for our blackest day on April 8. Now almost 900 on that one day alone.

In absence of GD doing his usual graph, here's someone else's similar one with the dates per death.

Hyde Park protests today. WTF is WRONG with these people??? Have they been asleep these last couple of months? Did they think social distancing was something that only applies to "other people"???

Screenshot-2020-06-03-at-14-54-48.png

Hospital death figures up somewhat today. A little worrying.

215 in total. 179 in England. 11 Scotland. 17 in Wales, 8 in Northern Ireland.

20 were from yesterday in England and quite a lot of older deaths added - including some more for our blackest day on April 8. Now almost 900 on that one day alone.

Death rates reflect what happened 3 to 4 weeks ago.
I should also point out that of the 179 deaths in English hospitals:
20 are from Yesterday
47 are from Monday
23 are from the weekend
22 are from the week before that
67 are Audit updates deaths way back to 30th March!
The new cases figures are the important figures to see if there are issues with removing lockdown.

Last edited:
I wonder when the ‘bank holiday weekend madness’ spike in covid infections will start? If it doesn’t, and there are no signs that it will, what will that say about the way forward? Maybe there is a lot more immunity than thought and perhaps it will just die out of its own volition, with no vaccine needed, as suggested by Professor Karol Sikora (oncologist).

There is something afoot otherwise we would still be riddled with it. In those areas where there was virtually no notice taken of lock down which were both hardest and earliest hit such as London and the Midlands it seems it is still falling away.

Those Italian doctors saying the virus still present over there is nothing like the virus that was present a couple of months back.

Logically combining the half arsed lock down, the from start to finish clusterfuck this country has made of it we should now be into 1000s a day dying, but we are not.

The reasons will all come later but for now I am just grateful that it hasnt been anywhere as bad as many feared, scant consolation for those who have suffered or lost loved ones, but as one who as yet has been pretty much untouched by this albeit having to postpone a couple of trips and a season of airshows.

There is I suspect much much more to come out in the wash regarding covid and I wonder if the consequences of the pandemic will actually be worse than the pandemic itself.

I think the world will come out of it much more divided and certainly our country will be.

Hyde Park protests today. WTF is WRONG with these people??? Have they been asleep these last couple of months? Did they think social distancing was something that only applies to "other people"???

Screenshot-2020-06-03-at-14-54-48.png

Agree with this. I just switched Sky News on and what's going on is just farcical. How do we justify keeping schools and businesses shut and restricting everyone's movements when we allow something like this to go ahead? What's even more ridiculous is i'm seeing people on social media who were advocates of a lockdown also in attendance.

iA7CrJ0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.