COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deaths in Wales today 4, new cases + 76.

So Total (minus Northern Ireland not seen yet) of hospital deaths in UK is 141

England total 123 of which 19 are from yesterday, 50 added on to day before, 23 onto June 2 and 7 onto June 1st.

The five day total for May 31 is now 75 (just 3 added) - but the two days after it do already have a few more though both just below 100 (82 and 92).

The equivalent (last Friday) figure was 373 deaths. That includes the adds on from care homes etc but based on yesterdays add ons it seems unlikely we will be at much more than half that level today when non hospital deaths are added to the 141 later.

Last edited:
Has anyone started buying masks yet? If I think I might have a look for a few in case I travel on public transport over the next few weeks (or longer).
Possibly whilst running too although I tend to run in the evening and barely pass anyone (and give wide berth if so). Couple of quid from the likes of Screwfix (sadly not in Raw Denim or linen unfortunately).

Dust masks were always falling down for me.

Best bet is going to a pharmacy and buying them.

Either that or a scarf/bandana

Andy Burnham posted a list on twitter the other day that had NW ( and 1 other area ) where NW was 0.9.

Yeah, I think she was reporting 0.7-1.0 nationally today, with NW England a cause for concern, so I’d interpret that as 1.0

Yeah, I think she was reporting 0.7-1.0 nationally today, with NW England a cause for concern, so I’d interpret that as 1.0

Of todays figures NW had 25 of the 123 reported England deaths. The North East and Yorkshire had 25 or 26 too. As did the Midlands.

London had 10.

So at least 3 weeks ago (longer as some of todays deaths are catch ups from as early as April) when these deaths were new infections we were the epicentre.

We are lagging behind the fall in London though, clearly.

You can only use deaths to show what was true last month. Not what is right now.

Last edited:
It might help if the number of new positive tests were given city or county wide each day. You can only do that by complicated health area add ups from the data one by one. So you can check how many new cases are added daily to Manchester for instance.

But it is possible to tot up locally and it would be a better guide to the R status locally now rather than weeks ago.

Up to yesterday 25,984 cases were ascribed to the North West. Second only to London.

We may end up being above them.

Manchester has had 1607 cases up to yesterday, Salford 940. Those are fairly average per population. By comparison Blackpool at 654 cases is way more infected per population than Manchester or Salford.

All the worst hit infection hot spots are in the North East. Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc. Not far short of twice as infected per population as Manchester.

If the City game v Newcastle were IN that city you might see a reason for a neutral venue.

Last edited:
It might help if the number of new positive tests were given regionally each day. You can only do that by complicated add ups from the data one by one. So you can check how many new cases are added daily to Manchester for instance.

But it is possible to tot up locally and it would be a better guide to the R status locally now rather than weeks ago.

But not expecting such revolutionary thinking as helpful data to be appearing any time soon sadly.

Up to yesterday 25,984 cases were ascribed to the North West. Second only to London.

We may end up being above them.

Manchester has had 1607 cases up to yesterday, Salford 940. Those are fairly average per population. By comparison Blackpool at 654 cases is way more infected per population than Manchester or Salford.

All the worst hit infection hot spots are in the North East. Sunderland, Middlesbrough etc. Not far short of twice as infected per population as Manchester.
I think just 3 maps of the countries local authorities over the whole country with new cases over the last 3 days, week and 2 weeks are what is required. Regions are just too big to give an meaningful information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.