COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today's the day.
While i think there are too many doom mongers in this thread (and the fact that they were wrong with their predictions of a big spike when restrictions were lifted last month), i think this time there will be a trend reversal.

I understand the need to get the economy going, so some risks have to be taken. I just believe that pubs will be a breeding ground.
They are normally full of the less fit/aged members of society to start with, so i see a rise in hospital admissions quite quickly.

I for one won't be going out for a drink. Not that i'm worried about catching Covid19, more due to the track and trace aftermath.
I run my own business, and having to self isolate for 14 days "just in case" because some drunken sod couldn't control/distance him/herself after a few drinks.

Good luck to anybody chancing it, but it's a part of my life i can more than live without...at least for the time being.

Last edited:
Well today's the day.
While i think there are too many doom mongers in this thread (and the fact that they were wrong with their predictions of a big spike when restrictions were lifted last month), i think this time there will be a trend reversal.

I understand the need to get the economy going, so some risks have to be taken. I just believe that pubs will be a breading ground.
They are normally full of the less fit/aged members of society to start with, so i see a rise in hospital admissions quite quickly.

I for one won't be going out for a drink. Not that i'm worried about catching Covid19, more due to the track and trace aftermath.
I run my own business, and having to self isolate for 14 days "just in case" because some drunken sod couldn't control/distance him/herself after a few drinks.

Good luck to anybody chancing it, but it's a part of my life i can more than live without...at least for the time being.
A bit rich calling people out as doom mongerers because their concerns didn't materialise and now state you have concerns

Whilst this pandemic remains active, everyone should have concerns

I am not going to the pub today but I hope the Bluemooners who do enjoy themselves and stay safe. I will probably return in the next week or 2 when the immediate rush back has subsided. Plus, my preference would to return to a big beer garden like the one at my local but it’s pissing it down anyway.

I am not going to the pub today but I hope the Bluemooners who do enjoy themselves and stay safe. I will probably return in the next week or 2 when the immediate rush back has subsided. Plus, my preference would to return to a big beer garden like the one at my local but it’s pissing it down anyway.
Booked a couple of tables for Weds evening hopefully be quiet.

Last edited:
A bit rich calling people out as doom mongerers because their concerns didn't materialise and now state you have concerns

Whilst this pandemic remains active, everyone should have concerns

Not at all.
Certain people on here almost want to be proven right, and go quiet when the expected rises don't happen.

So my post was to say that they might finally be right this time. Hopefully not, but who knows?
Also as pointed out, i DON'T have concerns. The thing i was saying was that the track and trace would stop me going to the pub.

Living in an area, in Scotland, that's had zero new cases for about 3 weeks now I had doubts about the take up of masks in my town as we approach the mandatory date next Friday, anyway this morning the voluntary take up in town , in my shop , seems to be over 50%. So encouraging start.

We are 100x better prepared for a ‘second wave’ than we was at the start of this pandemic, although inevitably there will be spikes here and there and Karen will remind us daily of the damage this virus does to the lungs and organs but overall they have judged this right and given pubs and businesses a chance of survival - they deserve our support and I’ll be having a few beers with my pals to celebrate my newborn.

We are 100x better prepared for a ‘second wave’ than we was at the start of this pandemic, although inevitably there will be spikes here and there and Karen will remind us daily of the damage this virus does to the lungs and organs but overall they have judged this right and given pubs and businesses a chance of survival - they deserve our support and I’ll be having a few beers with my pals to celebrate my newborn.

Congratulations mate. All the best to you and yours. Stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.