COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bit of a different view on it from one expert.

I will just post out a few things in this article.

1. A new Virus
- Its similar to SARS.
- Its from the Corona virus family of RNA viruses. The common cold is a distant relative.
- It doesn't do magical shit like HIV.
- That said its ability to bring to human ACE2 proteins is far too perfect for me anyway.
- Incidently the Sunday times "exclusive" about a 96% similar virus found in 2013 was publicised in February
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7130548/

2. No immunity
- People who have had SARS don't fall Ill with SARS2.
- Medics in this country are staggered as to why people under 45 are not getting at least as I'll as people under 60. What's the difference? MMR vaccination is a very real possibility.
Indeed MMR vaccination is just 1% short of target levels in the UK. In Brazil it is only 38% - the number of younger people becoming ill their is very large (though the main issues their are zero so ial distancing).

4. Immunology of common sense
- Common sense departed the scene a long time ago. Masks in the far east anyone?

What now?
- Protection of those above 65 should have been paramount from the off.
- Taking the healthy youth off to holiday camps to get infected should have bee high priority from April when it became obvious as to who was at risk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.