COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. He was refering to the care home companies themselves - and they DO have a lot to answer for.
When everyone became aware of the issues in care homes at the start of May 38% of English care homes had Covid-19 cases. Since then it has risen to 58% and the average care home with one infection has had 20% of it's residents become ill.
Here's stats on the numbers last week.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...eaths-rate-england-wales-latest-a9599426.html
What the fuck have care homes been doing? Or should I say, not been doing from May to July? Regular tests were offered to all staff and residents by PHE.
Small privately run homes seem to have avoided the carnage for the most part with Covid-19 cases limited/isolated when they occurred.
It seems to me that the big providers just welcomed Covid-19 in and spread it around. A bit like the Death Race 2000 hospital day.
So yes they do have a lot to answer for.
Care homes use a lot of different staff,agency nurses and carers going around different homes,add that to age and state of the residents, they are sitting targets,they had normal amounts of PPE ,everyone in the world wanted ppe,the gov was supposed to helping them but they ended up having to out bid them for supplies,to shift blame into them is a cunts trick

On testing,it was promised,it wasn't delivered,some were given appts for hundreds of miles away

The Greater Manchester Scoreboard makes grim reading for some places.

Bolton + 12 - four times yesterday and more than the last 3 days together

Bury +2

Manchester + 11 (third straight day with 11 - and 54 over the past 4 days)

Oldham + 8 (that's up on past 3 days and 34 over the past 5)

Rochdale + 22 (highest one day total from any GM location since they added the extra cases into the reporting last week and at 55 the mot added in the 5 days of those new figures).

Salford + 5 (the five days here are 2 4 3 2 5)

Stockport + 1 (that's only 8 in the past 4 days)

Wigan + 2

Rochdale must be on the government watchlist for lockdown. But not there yet.

Especially as Leicester - sadly - after 4 straight falls in the number - recorded its most cases since last Thursday at 77. And has added 291 cases in under a week.

Its status as the worst impacted town in the UK shown by the population measure rose to 1115.9 Still the only place over 1000. Rochdale ad Oldham (the two GM regions in the 700s are still a long way behind that kind of number).

Last edited:
It appears anyone tested for covid at work will be taxed on it because it is considered a benefit in kind!!
That’s all NHS staff.
Unbelievable.

I genuinely don't get the whole leaving false information thing. Every time I have phoned to book a table in a restaurant in the last however many years I've been asked to leave my name and a phone number. How is this different??

Nor do I - I just don't get it.
I am actually pleasantly suprised by the number of people actually giving their actual contact details.
Are you guys serious? Under normal circumstances, leaving your details doesn’t create the potential to be forced to stay off work at £95 per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.