COVID-19 — Coronavirus

denislawsbackheel

It appears anyone tested for covid at work will be taxed on it because it is considered a benefit in kind!!
That’s all NHS staff.
Unbelievable.

sir baconface

I genuinely don't get the whole leaving false information thing. Every time I have phoned to book a table in a restaurant in the last however many years I've been asked to leave my name and a phone number. How is this different??
Nor do I - I just don't get it.
I am actually pleasantly suprised by the number of people actually giving their actual contact details.
Are you guys serious? Under normal circumstances, leaving your details doesn’t create the potential to be forced to stay off work at £95 per week.

shemnel

just with my cycnic's hat on;

if Bolsanaro simply lies that he has it and 'recovers', or indeed recovers and truly has it, it gives him a much needed popularity boost. Just a thought.

Gabriel

Good post Gabriel. I think a lot of the Countries have struggled with the virus once it has spread to the care home section and it was spreading rapidly in homes in the first half of April
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-care-homes-face-coronavirus-21860324

The UK should have defended care home residents better but it’s one thing knowing you have a problem and another challenge solving it.

Btw I watched the film Tora, Tora, Tora that focuses on USA intelligence failings in the run up to the Pearl Harbour Attack. It reminded me of the Government and SAGE getting ready for The Virus.
Odd. I was reading up on that very thing this morning; so many small things went awry that left the base exposed. Conversely, a mere 6 months later, U.S. intelligence worked faultlessly, which led to the victory at Midway that turned the tide of the war in the Pacific.

If our political leaders enjoy a similar change in fortune when dealing with the second wave, we’ll be mightily relieved.

Tim of the Oak

Odd. I was reading up on that very thing this morning; so many small things went awry that left the base exposed. Conversely, a mere 6 months later, U.S. intelligence worked faultlessly, which led to the victory at Midway that turned the tide of the war in the Pacific.

If our political leaders enjoy a similar change in fortune when dealing with the second wave, we’ll be mightily relieved.
Yes the Americans turned it around brilliantly but they made countless intelligence oversights in the run up to the attack. That’s assuming the film is fairly accurate.

Don't have an account?

Register now!