COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else had a bad couple of days mentally? God I miss my parents. Wonder when we'll be able to hug our loved ones again? Fearful it could be the best part of a year or sumat.

I haven’t hugged my parents but I’ve been visiting them and they’ve visited us. I think that’s the case for 90% of people nowadays.

I haven’t hugged my parents but I’ve been visiting them and they’ve visited us. I think that’s the case for 90% of people nowadays.

I know we're allowed to see them indoors now but ive not felt comfortable doing that yet. Have you? Just wondering.

Ps - I have seen them. Just from afar outside.

Anyone else had a bad couple of days mentally? God I miss my parents. Wonder when we'll be able to hug our loved ones again? Fearful it could be the best part of a year or sumat.
The whole thing has been a struggle mentally to be honest. What doesnt help is the constant negativity that still surrounds us, when you look at our daily numbers now compared to what they were 3 months ago we should be celebrating the fact that we're coming out the other side now, but we can't because everywhere you go people are constantly reminding you that there will "probably be a second wave" I understand that is just the reality of the situation but it doesnt half get you down.

Everything is reopening now, life is slowly getting back to normal but nobody seems happy about it, a lot of people are still terrified to leave the house. The figures may be well down on what they were, the lockdown may be pretty much over, but the virus is still well and truly running our lives I'm afraid.

I know we're allowed to see them indoors now but ive not felt comfortable doing that yet. Have you? Just wondering.

truthfully, first couple times was a little awkward - but now i feel relaxed and comfortable, my parents are a bit more weary and I respect that, keep distance as poss but after a while it all becomes normal.

truthfully, first couple times was a little awkward - but now i feel relaxed and comfortable, my parents are a bit more weary and I respect that, keep distance as poss but after a while it all becomes normal.

Just can't shake the feeling that everything I own would be absolutely covered in covid if I had it and was asymptomatic. I work from home. It'd be on the seats. Cushions. Surfaces etc etc. And if I had and passed it onto them... just scary stuff. Also, all the talk about it being indoors that passes the virus on. Are we meant to ignore that now? Confusing tbh ha.

I'm not saying you are wrong btw, just saying where my head is at.

I've had a bad 6 months. My wife died in Jan and just when I needed my family, I wasn't allowed to see them and had a bad two months fighting Covid-19 off. Thank fuck I've been able to bubble with one child and their family for 3 weeks now.

50+ care homes are being investigated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for not following Government Covid-19 guidelines
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...s-care-homes-investigated-covid-safety-fears/
Care homes are an abomination generally. The societal move from intergenerational care within families to privatised old age/childcare is one of the most expensive and damaging changes in our society in the last 50 years. I hope to live a long life, but to die in my sleep the night before I become incapable of wiping my own arse.

50+ care homes are being investigated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for not following Government Covid-19 guidelines
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...s-care-homes-investigated-covid-safety-fears/

The CQC have been changing how they investigate during the pandemic to be more data driven because they can’t have the boots on the ground in care homes.

It’s very poor if the Covid response procedures haven’t been followed, where they were clear. It also seems No. 10 and their friends in the media are targeting their media fire on care homes. This might well be warranted for failing homes but the approach of tarring the good with the bad isn’t very helpful, overall.

Anyone else had a bad couple of days mentally?
Yesterday was a low point for me mentally during this shitstorm and I can't even identify why that was - not even finally getting a haircut could raise my mood very much. It even had a physical impact as I was totally lethargic all day, no energy to do anything. It worried me as it's not as if I'm a particularly pessimistic and gloomy person by nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.