COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
what have they done differently to us ?

Barely anything other than wait a few days after each of our steps and copy us. People say you can't compare us to Sweden when their non lockdown policy gets mentioned, well it's the same here you can't compare England to Scotland in that case.

what have they done differently to us ?

They were less relaxed about the seriousnesn the briefing, Johnson and crews attutude was very loose all along and like they locked down because they had to not because they wanted to.

That attitude and the pass the buck nature left it open to the wankers in the nation to ingore the safety rules and flout lockdown with little punishment.

Scotland said from the start lockdown is lockdown and sounded like they meant it

Its implicit in the sentence.

to suggest people want a 2nd wave so they are proven right implicitly suggests you feel there is no risk of a 2nd wave.

it may not have been your intention but that's how comments like that come across.
There may or may not be a second wave. I dont know and neither do you.

Some people are desperate to be proved right. How you translated that into "I dont think there will be a second wave" I really dont know.

England hospital deaths 22 with 4 from yesterday and 7 of the 22 from the NW.

Seven days ago it was 35 with just 2 from the day before and 8 of the 35 from the NW.

That is the highest regional add on.

But these numbers are otherwise I think the lowest English hospital weekday numbers yet.

There may or may not be a second wave. I dont know and neither do you.

Some people are desperate to be proved right. How you translated that into "I dont think there will be a second wave" I really dont know.

well plenty of other people thought the same going by the responses in here.

As for "we dont know there will be a 2nd wave", There already is a 2nd wave in plenty of places around the world. Locally, if we're not extremely careful there will be one here.

Catch ups were low as the number suggests

Two day total for 7 July (8 added) is now 12 (no second day total has been above 20 now for two weeks)

Three day total for 6 July (4 added) is now 22

Four day total for 5 July (1 added) is 19 ( 4 of the last 5 four day totals are sub 20)

Five day total for 4 July (0 added) is 19 too.

3 July added nothing also and still sits at 16 after 6 days.

1 July also added nothing and still at 16 after more than a week.

Wales 2 new deaths and 16 new cases.

Last week it was 8 deaths and 41 cases

So total UK hospital deaths (minus N Ireland rarely more than 0 or 1) is 24 versus 45 a week ago.

All settings deaths last week became 89.

Barely anything other than wait a few days after each of our steps and copy us. People say you can't compare us to Sweden when their non lockdown policy gets mentioned, well it's the same here you can't compare England to Scotland in that case.
The biggest difference was wait for an extra 3 weeks in lockdown not just a few days, so when Scotland started moving out of lockdown numbers were already at about 2-5% of UK totals, rather than the 10% when England came out. That extra 3 weeks, that N.Ireland and Scotland took is playing huge dividends. The low numbers when Scotland came out of lockdown make it easier to spot and jump on outbreaks such as Dumfries. Not copying everything either, mandatory face coverings and sticking to 2 metres should be beneficial.
The trick now is to try and stop imported cases.

And yet, when people prove how bad there non lockdown policy is you ignore it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.