COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
North West scoreboard - better news mainly too.

Bolton 7 (down from 8 and 82 over 12 days)

Bury 2 (up from 0 and 25 over 12 days)

Manchester 12 (the only blip - up from 9 and 124 over12 days)

Oldham 2 (lowest since the new added data started 12 days ago and 71 in those 12 days)

Rochdale 7 (lowest for 10 days and half yesterday -but still at 117 over 12 days)

Salford 1 (lowest since the change of data and 48 over 12 days)

Stockport 1 (down from 2 and is the lowest in the region at 24 over 12 days)

Tameside 4 (up from 2 and 39 over the 12 days)

Wigan 0 (down from 3 and 26 over the 12 days)

Leicester in lockdown added 59, down from 67 yesterday. Exactly the same as where it was 9 days ago. So no sign of a major fall.

Cases too are lower. At 530.

Though from 101, 927 tests - so down on last couple of days.

86K were Pillar 1 and 2 compared with 124K yesterday.

This time last week we had 352 cases from 97K tests - 67K of them pillar 1 and 2.
This might be a stupid question, but it's been puzzling me for a bit.

I always see you post the number of new cases, followed by the number of tests done, as if the two are directly linked. But given the fact that tests can take a couple of days to give a result, do the tests done on that day have any relevance to the number of positive cases? So for example if you did 200,000 tests on the Monday and got say 500 cases and then you did 100,000 on the Wednesday and got 800 cases, wouldnt those 800 cases be more likely to have come from Mondays tests? Or possibly even further back? A friend of mine waited about 10 days for his result, thankfully negative.

I'm not suggesting for one second you are wrong, I dont mind admitting you know a lot more than me, but we've had a few instances recently where we've had low numbers on a day with lots of tests, then the following day its shot up again from half as many tests. I just assumed that the positive cases didn't necessarily come from the tests done on that day. Have I got that wrong?

Its a fair question and I don't know the full answer. Someone else might as I include the test numbers because others here have commented on the link.

The pillar one tests are NHS tests so tend to be processed more quickly. Some of the pillar 2 ones can take longer as I think they go abroad.

The pillar 3 and 4 tests are for antibodies and surveillance so whilst they may pick up cases its not their main purpose as in the others where they test those suspected of being ill and speed matters more.

Got a phone call from the missus at work today saying she wasn't feeling well, shivers, shakes, headache etc etc so I was sent home. Booked a test, we went this afternoon. Two lovely young army girls sorted us out. Sitting in the car whilst jamming a long cotton bud up my nose before triggering my gag reflex whilst looking for my tonsils was fun.

Results within a few days apparently. So my part time job has become an even bigger part time job while I sit and wait. She's a bit fucked off with it all as she has two schools to run but you can't take the risk.

It was also very empty, a huge car park and only around 5 cars.

Got a phone call from the missus at work today saying she wasn't feeling well, shivers, shakes, headache etc etc so I was sent home. Booked a test, we went this afternoon. Two lovely young army girls sorted us out. Sitting in the car whilst jamming a long cotton bud up my nose before triggering my gag reflex whilst looking for my tonsils was fun.

Results within a few days apparently. So my part time job has become an even bigger part time job while I sit and wait. She's a bit fucked off with it all as she has two schools to run but you can't take the risk.

It was also very empty, a huge car park and only around 5 cars.

Took my daughter for a test at the Etihad two weeks ago. She booked it in the afternoon, we went at 5.30 that evening and she had a text saying negative at lunchtime the day after. Very efficient.

You do the test yourself there, by the way.

This does not surprise me and to be honest it was to be expected. Post viral issues are not uncommon. After all I know all about that, Glandular Fever at 15, M.E/ Fibro for the rest of my life. Many many Fibro/M.E. sufferers copped for it post viral.
It is the not being able able to breathe and low oxygen levels that are what is doing for me,like you I have the same conditions as you but never experienced this in 27 hrs of it,it is scary and seems like not that surprising

I had 'something' in early Feb that caused a nasty chest infection. I made a partial recovery, enough to go to Wembley but the next day started having these episodes where I struggle to breathe. It has come and gone since in waves. Strangely exercise helps with the symptoms but if I overdo it I really suffer the next couple of days. They have diagnosed asthma which I used to get as a child but it's different to the asthma I remember. Rather than feeling my airways constricting I can still breathe deeply but it just feels like I am not taking in enough oxygen. Anyway I have been referred and have an x-ray booked this week so will hopefully learn a bit more about what is going on. They are not interested in finding out if I had covid since apparently the same post viral issues can be triggered by any virus. I hope you find out what's happening with you so you can get the right treatment path.
I am hoping it is just asthma then I get on the right treatment,better than the alternative option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.