COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Aberdeen’s game this weekend has been called off after two players tested positive with the virus. They were that ashamed of not getting a result against Rangers that 7 players went out to drown their sorrows and drank at the pub that’s central to the spike in Covid cases.

So Aberdeen’s game this weekend has been called off after two players tested positive with the virus. They were that ashamed of not getting a result against Rangers that 7 players went out to drown their sorrows and drank at the pub that’s central to the spike in Covid cases.
They do nothing to help the stereotypical view of footballers

England hospital deaths are 10 today. With 1 from yesterday and 0 from the NW.

Last Friday it was 9 with 1 from day before and 2 from North West.

Wales sadly still in trouble with 7 extra deaths. Highest daily number in a while (though they do say some may be revised over next 3 weeks as they are just reported numbers for now).

Cases actually down on last week - though slightly up on the 15 yesterday - to 17 from 5019 tests - so that is about 0.3% - well below Scotland or England. Which is going the right way.

Deaths up though from 4 last Friday.

The England hospital deaths result in the following:

6 Aug 1

5 Aug adds 2 to be 2 after 2 days

4 Aug adds 1 to be 4 after 3 days

3 Aug adds 0 to be 10 after 4 days

2 August adds 1 to be 6 after 5 days. So that is now 7 consecutive single figure 5 day totals (first time that has happened since March) and nine of last ten - that other one being just 10.

As you can see the run will end as 3 Aug is at 10 already with the fifth day figures to be added tomorrow. But only 2 have been added to it in the last two days so it may well not move up much if at all. So the last two weeks 5 day death totals are clearly in essence single figures for England now.

Of the rest 1 was added to 31 July to make the 7 day total just 3. The best weekly daily total yet.

The above 6 are the only ones that date from July or August. The other 4 in the ten deaths added today date weeks back to May and June.

Last edited:
So the UK hospital death total today is 16 - same as two Fridays ago. It was 13 last Friday.

Though as you can see with the England & Wales data at least five of these deaths date back a long way or may be subject to being removed in future as Wales noted. So its hard to say this is a concerning increase. Especially when its down this low. Fluctuations are bound to happen as 0 UK deaths is going to be a hard ask at any point soon.

Last Friday there was another big add on from out of hospital data. So the 13 added 107 non hospital cases to give an all settings figure of 120.

There was some speculation of it being an end of month catch up number but it was actually 107 out of hospital the Friday before too. Then making an all settings number of 123.

We will soon see.

Anyone planning a weekend trip to the North Wales coast bear this in mind.

6 of todays 7 Welsh deaths and 30 of the last 32 in just over two weeks have come from the Betsi Cadwaladr health area - basically Llandudno/Rhyl/ Prestatyn coast and hinterland region.

My fiance made redundant last friday, my mum today. My mum has worked for one retail shop for 22 years. She's got no idea what she is going to do now. My missus has lost a great grandmother to this, I lost my aunt a couple of months back. On top of that we were meant to be getting married next month. Put back a year. I hoped to be married, with a mortgage and hopefully even set to be a dad by this time next year. We've both lost so much money from this pandemic that fuck knows when all that will happen now.

I know some people may have had it worse, but I can't lie - I'm utterly, utterly exhausted. Just really, really effected our lives in lots of very shite ways. Could really do with a hug off my mum and dad right now! But yeah... makes it worse that I just can't see the end of any of this too.

sorry, just ranting. Just needed to.

My fiance made redundant last friday, my mum today. My mum has worked for one retail shop for 22 years. She's got no idea what she is going to do now. My missus has lost a great grandmother to this, I lost my aunt a couple of months back. On top of that we were meant to be getting married next month. Put back a year. I hoped to be married, with a mortgage and hopefully even set to be a dad by this time next year. We've both lost so much money from this pandemic that fuck knows when all that will happen now.

I know some people may have had it worse, but I can't lie - I'm utterly, utterly exhausted. Just really, really effected our lives in lots of very shite ways. Could really do with a hug off my mum and dad right now! But yeah... makes it worse that I just can't see the end of any of this too.

sorry, just ranting. Just needed to.

Sorry to hear two sips. Things are grim now but hopefully they will improve before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.