COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
More people have died from the flu for SEVEN weeks in a row now.
Seriously what is the government doing here? open things up more and get normality back!!
There subscribing to the 2nd wave doom merchants.
Open the country up.
People die of flu in July and August?

Yes more than 50% less people dying of it than what are dying of the flu for 7 consecutive weeks.

It's by absolutely no means practically away. It's still there and liable to make a resurgence at any given time. See Aberdeen. People and businesses alike need to follow the rules, the contact tracing is an important part of those rules.

You hang onto that,it has not gone away,cases are on the rise here and across the world ,we know how to treat it which has cut deaths dramatically and we have had lockdown and all the other measures

Sorry I forgot lockdown only stops covid doesn't it. Fact of the matter is under the same set of circumstances and same environment it is nowhere near the most dangerous virus in our country at the moment. Pretty sure they know how to treat flu yet over 1,000 a week are unfortunately dying, that's down on normal figures as well.

No wonder Oldham is in the shit, this is my post from another thread made yesterday

I wouldn't bother if you're getting fuel from Tesco on Featherstall Rd, while I was there out of 18-20 people I saw going into the shop to pay there was me & a lady who had one on.

Proper pissed off the amount of people who just don't give a fuck.

Sorry I forgot lockdown only stops covid doesn't it. Fact of the matter is under the same set of circumstances and same environment it is nowhere near the most dangerous virus in our country at the moment. Pretty sure they know how to treat flu yet over 1,000 a week are unfortunately dying, that's down on normal figures as well.
Two different infections,acting differently,it will be the old and sick dying of flu as usual,covid is still the more dangerous of the two as we don't have immunity

where are these figures ?

Over 1000 a week at the moment according to PHE and that is down on the 5 year average, most likely due to current social distancing measures and masks etc.
Apparently the average is 17k a year, so not sure 1000 per week is possible during the summer.

Apparently the average is 17k a year, so not sure 1000 per week is possible during the summer.
You can get influenza any time of year. However, although it is possible to get the flu during the spring or summer, it is extremely unlikely if you haven't been traveling. Most people who think they have the flu actually have any number of other viruses—not influenza—which may have similar symptoms and complications to the flu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.