COVID-19 — Coronavirus

kevin horlocks wand

You mean like the stats that have been collected for the last 8 months around the globe?
well I am not sure they have been great. These are working age people a defined number in the uk , it would be a perfect experiment to monitor how the virus behaves in this group, now that our treatments have improved..
I think it would be a good experiment to see and so people can understand just how serious this disease still is or....

Tim of the Oak

We didn't have a pandemic when that rugby match took place (Mar 7th), so if you put aside your political agenda for a minute, and look at the actual facts, there was no reason for him to avoid going to the rugby, just like the other 79,999 rugby fans, or us visiting wembley the week before.
Boris has been useless but SAGE advised COBRA that there was very little additional risk to people catching the virus from attending major sporting events. Some of the scientists haven’t distinguished themselves either.

Healdplace

I suspect it is like the reaction on here when we aren't beating Lyon by five goals after half an hour. One reason to avoid social media...

I do, but its where the government choose to reveal these things sadly. Otherwise you just wait all night until they bother to tell you on their dashboard what is/or rather isn't happening.

kaz7

Apparently the website now says they will add a 60 days death total to the 28 day one in due course - presumably replacing the current non date confined larger total.
Some people are on ventilators longer than sixty days,putting a number of days on it is a nonsense to control numbers,drs can tell them who dies as a result of covid whatever the time frame

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
So many things were wrong from the off.
Crap pandemic plan, arrogance as to far eastern measures (especially face masks), a deporable response from PHE - especially on testing and a reluctance of the government to change the process or go against advice from SAGE (aka the comedy club).
Absolutely they were, and they still are, but that's not just government it's the civil service, individuals who no doubt have wildly differing opinions.

I bent the rules last week in GM, by meeting up with my son and his girlfriend who we hadn't seen since March, we'd already arranged a trip to see them before the new GM regulations were brought in. We'd booked a table in a restaurant, so cancelled it, but we decided to still meet them, and ate outside on separate tables where we could speak, but were distancing sensibly. I wasn't staying in GM by about 3 miles, but caught the train in and met them in the city centre, I'm glad we did it was nice to see them after so long, but strictly speaking we broke the rules.

Healdplace

If anyone can translate Geek into English have a go at fathoming this explanation about the testing publiushed today.

I dont have the foggierst what it means.

The total number of tests processed has been revised since yesterday’s total after the following changes to the historical data:

• 129 tests added to the pillar 1 cumulative total
  • 67 tests added to the pillar 3 cumulative total
  • 320 tests added to the pillar 4 cumulative total
The daily tests made available reported today have been added to this revised total rather than the total reported yesterday, so the cumulative total today is 516 higher than if you added the daily tests to yesterday’s total.

An adjustment of -1,308,071 has been made to the historic data for the ‘tests made available’ metric. The adjustments have been made as a result of more accurate data collection and reporting processes recently being adopted within pillar 2 and a subsequent adjustment of the data we reported between 29 March 2020 and 12 August 2020.

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
Boris has been useless but SAGE advised COBRA that there was very little additional risk to people catching the virus from attending major sporting events. Some of the scientists haven’t distinguished themselves either.
I don't think anyone has to be fair, much of what has happened has been reactive rather then proactive, and it still is, but I don't think many countries come out of it well, and nor in fact does the WHO either, who have been just as useless, and reactive.

kevin horlocks wand

If anyone can translate Geek into English have a go at fathoming this explanation about the testing publiushed today.

I dont have the foggierst what it means.

The total number of tests processed has been revised since yesterday’s total after the following changes to the historical data:

• 129 tests added to the pillar 1 cumulative total
  • 67 tests added to the pillar 3 cumulative total
  • 320 tests added to the pillar 4 cumulative total
The daily tests made available reported today have been added to this revised total rather than the total reported yesterday, so the cumulative total today is 516 higher than if you added the daily tests to yesterday’s total.

An adjustment of -1,308,071 has been made to the historic data for the ‘tests made available’ metric. The adjustments have been made as a result of more accurate data collection and reporting processes recently being adopted within pillar 2 and a subsequent adjustment of the data we reported between 29 March 2020 and 12 August 2020.
that they are making a balls up of it ?

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.