COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an appt for my tattoo guy tomorrow to discuss a portrait to be done in Jan once he has cleared his backlog of one's to do ,if we are not in lockdown again,he is fully licenced by the Gov and has to keep as clean to nhs standard but I couldn't get a beauty treatment on my eyebrows and they have always worn some ppe ,it would help if the rules made more sense
Changes announced, happening on Saturday, so can get beautified eyebrows again (perhaps).

Anyone planning on leaving the country right now is asking to have to spend 14 days indoors when they get back (whether there is any way it can be policed is a completely different matter).

So let me get this straight, it's absolutely fine for people to be working in supermarkets, warehouses, factories and offices where they are quite exposed and have been throughout the pandemic (especially key workers, whilst others have been having a jolly with furlough) but the minute they step foot on the plane to somewhere with a lower infection rate they are immediately villainized...

Reactions: ell
So let me get this straight, it's absolutely fine for people to be working in supermarkets, warehouses, factories and offices where they are quite exposed and have been throughout the pandemic (especially key workers, whilst others have been having a jolly with furlough) but the minute they step foot on the plane to somewhere with a lower infection rate they are immediately villainized...
It’s the close proximity of 200 plus people sat with no distancing for a number of hours that increases the risk of infection. A few hundred people spreading the virus could be lethal upon return.

hence we could do without moaning at those that enjoy going to the pub
Did you see the bar owner in Oldham? He applies the rules (take names, enforce distancing) and people walk out and go to places that don't enforce. They are made to be moaned at.

Really and how is it spin? Its facts orchard you a Trump supporter?

What has Trump got to do with this? Very odd comment, I'm not a Trump supporter and even if I was his would that have any impact on my thoughts on covid.

If you think the mortality rate is 1.5% then you are basically going against every person who knows what they're taking about in the world. You've added over 20k onto the death figures to try and come up with a number that suits the fear agenda that you have bought into.

I posted in the political thread about the stats behind the reduction in deaths (no responses to that) but I did also notice this from ONS.

"In Week 31, the number of deaths registered was 1.0% below the five-year average (90 deaths fewer); this is the seventh consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average.

"The number of deaths in care homes, hospitals and other communal establishments remained below the five-year average in Week 31, while the number of deaths in private homes continued to be higher than the five-year average (676 more deaths)."

If I read that right, that means deaths from Covid took such a toll that there are now fewer people dying from old age because so many already died from Covid. And deaths in homes and hospitals are lower because there are fewer people in homes and hospitals (whether choice or fear or lack of places) so more die at home.

I'm really not sure if this is good news or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.