COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait until winter when the 2nd wave doesn’t come and Karen has to hold her hands up and say she was wrong. No doubt she will spin it though so she was right! Maybe she should have been a politician.

My understanding is that a virus has to die out and then come back for to there to be a second wave, even if the numbers spike up again in the winter months that is still the first wave.

That’s what I read and what happened with Spanish flu.

Brazil are suffering because they are piled in on each other mainly,it is a coronavirus,a respiratory virus,it will be prevalent in winter,the CDC expect bigger problems than we have already had,make of that what you will
And they’re a very overweight population, similar to a couple of countries beginning with a U.

Brazil are suffering because they are piled in on each other mainly,it is a coronavirus,a respiratory virus,it will be prevalent in winter,the CDC expect bigger problems than we have already had,make of that what you will
Spain, UAE, most of central America, Florida, Texas. All hot countries where cases are rising. There is nothing to suggest hot weather / summer slows it down and therefore nothing to say winter will be worse then summer for the spread of it.

As you can see from GM ref the discussion about Wigan, It is adding lowish case numbers but these are actually high for here. Same with Bury. Where 0s, 1s and 2s were the norm until last few weeks.

But they both have high Pop scores because the expected numbers are lower from the size of the population.

Note also the gap between on the Pop score measure the two best in GM - Salford at 625 and Stockport at 644. Stockport is making up ground on Salford here and may in coming weeks have the top Pop sore in GM.

That sounds counter intuitive given the cases in Stockport rose and those in Salford fell but its because the 4 day total is 39 v 60 in favour of Stockport and population also helps Stockport as it is a larger area and more cases are expected.

A lot of factors have to be balanced when arguing who is doing the best. Not just raw cases day to day.

Rising numbers tell us where local outbreaks are that need to be contained. Pop scores the long game.

My understanding is that a virus has to die out and then come back for to there to be a second wave, even if the numbers spike up again in the winter months that is still the first wave.

That’s what I read and what happened with Spanish flu.
It doesn’t have to die out fully, the wave refers to a new peak from a previous (relative) trough.

Just like waves cresting over rocks on a coast — they are still surrounded by water, they are just set apart by being higher than the current average level.

There were multiple recognised ‘waves’ in the 1918 H1N1 pandemic in many regions without the virus fully dying out in between (as a virus is very unlikely to come back quickly after eradication).

I know you're such an expert so I am surprised that you aren't aware that these types of tests take a while to be validated. That has just gone on the distributers website so obviously close to release
You said your friend was tested,told he was immune in a quick test in a private clinic in april I think it was,we have had as many bad tests withdrawn here and the state's as good ones,i am not an expert ,i am just informed,put CNN on from 10pm every night and indulge yourself in facts ,watch the select committee with the likes of whitty and co,probably too late for that now If you weren't interested before

If I have a fault it is to worry about people going through and remain going through nearly six months on what I have, idesperately want people to stick to the rules and realize that we are only where we are now if everyone protects each other

There are others thinking this is a game,it is not,nobody wants this finished more than me

The point scoring based on personalities in this thread has been and still is pathetic

Grow up people

Last edited:
Other watch areas

Preston added 41 over last 2 days v 20 before. Its pop score has shot up to 938 and likely to join the 1000 club in next week or two unless its local problems get contained.

Bradford added 99 v 103 in last 2 day period. Its Pop score shot up to 1045.

Blackburn added 51 v 47 in last 2 day period Its pop score went up lot and it became only the second place after Leicester to join the 1100 club at 1107.

Leicester meanwhile fell from 99 to 37 2 day v 2 day. Its pop score is 1515.

And Texas, Florida, India ? Is it winter there ? "Winter" is a red herring, it won't help obviously, but clearly neither does unusually hot weather either.
I don't know how much of a factor air conditioning is with covidi would like to know that,winter is a loose term as everyone's winter is different,if it is usually thirty degrees and then it is ten degrees or less then that is a significant drop in temperature,all of this I hope we are learning about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.