COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone of a nervous disposition look away now or take a pill.

The North West has literally gone into massive overload to a degree I never expected so fast.

One third of all UK cases here!

London actually DOWN from 278 to 243

Midlands up from 337 to 428.

Yorkshire up quite a bit from 387 to 511.

But - North West up by over 50% in one day - from 809 to 1290.

That is more than most countries in Europe.

GM is going to be terrifying.
I know I keep banging the same drum but without numbers of households it’s still largely irrelevant. I saw a news programme today where a girl had symptoms and her mum was trying to get tests for their family of 8. She’s got 3 so far and still trying to get the other 5 but, if her daughter is positive, they will all need to isolate. If they are all isolating but all test positive at some point, it’ll be an 8-fold increase which just won’t be true. Areas that have houses of multiple occupancy will be at the forefront of large rises in cases, without necessarily making things worse.

I know I keep banging the same drum but without numbers of households it’s still largely irrelevant. I saw a news programme today where a girl had symptoms and her mum was trying to get tests for their family of 8. She’s got 3 so far and still trying to get the other 5 but, if her daughter is positive, they will all need to isolate. If they are all isolating but all test positive at some point, it’ll be an 8-fold increase which just won’t be true. Areas that have houses of multiple occupancy will be at the forefront of large rises in cases, without necessarily making things worse.
The other point to make is that whilst people are either waiting to get a test or the result they should still be isolating but I keep reading articles that this isn't the case so these people are either stupid, ignorant or both. Either way the message that isolation is key needs to be rammed home. People shouldn't be going out and spreading the virus when they think they might be positive. Stay at home you morons.

The other point to make is that whilst people are either waiting to get a test or the result they should still be isolating but I keep reading articles that this isn't the case so these people are either stupid, ignorant or both. Either way the message that isolation is key needs to be rammed home. People shouldn't be going out and spreading the virus when they think they might be positive. Stay at home you morons.
I also think families are going en masse, even if only one has symptoms. I think the government missed a trick though because they were so desperate to get the numbers up, they stopped telling people to only get tested if they have symptoms (it doesn’t actually work if you haven’t, although it might well give a positive if you had it up to 8 weeks ago).

I never got my results back so given up the ghost after 14 days in total.

My throat is a feeling a bit better thanks mate.

The 119 hotline for chasing up results now just hangs up after an automated message.

More worried about my teacher wife and kids.

She had 30 kids off sick yesterday with various symptoms and parents being cautious, without any hope of them coming back in or their parents working within the next 14 days due to lack of available tests.

I'm in Trafford and the situation is horrific.
Glad you are feeling better mate. I'm a teacher as well and we're only 60% full now after everyone coming in the first week. There is one main reason why people like yourself are not even getting a result from a test -(which is utterly scandalous), and why people can't actually get a test. If we got the tests and results quickly then they would tell the truth, and the truth is it's spiking in such a dramatic fashion that the country might have to go in lock down again. The government are purposely stopping results coming out to protect the economy, but it's playing Russian roulette with people's lives - IMHO

GM scoreboard:

Bolton 130 - up from 81 to by a mile highest ever in a GM borough in one day. 1328 in month (but not a new GM record - see below!) 670 past week (new GM record by far). 211 over 2 days (was 144) - both highest 2 day total and biggest increase here. Pop score up 45 in one day (GM record) to 1222. Way to go to catch Oldham but at this rate not impossible. It has now gone from the 700s, through the 800s, 900s, 1000s, 1100s and well into the 1200s in just 19 days. Not even Leicester did that. Up 426 in under 3 weeks. Some small towns and cities in the UK have not reached 426 (let alone 1222) through the entire six months of the pandemic. Lincoln for instance has just 388 cases in total and an almost matching pop score of 390.

Bury 35 - up from 30 to a new high for here also. 428 in month. 189 past week. 65 over 2 days (was 57) - a record here. Pop score up by 19 to become 5th of the ten boroughs to enter the 1000 club at 1004. A couple of weeks ago we just had one - Oldham.

Manchester 115 - up from 65 (Big rise to a new record high for the city in one day). 1348 in month (just ahead of Bolton and either would have easily set a new record today). 507 past week (new record). 180 over 2 days (was 135). Again a record, Pop score up 19 to 947. On its way to being number 6 in the 1000 club which would have been regarded as impossible in Summer when it was ahead of Stockport!

Oldham 45 - level - at least consistent with 46,45, 45 last 3 days. 757 in month. 312 past week (record). 90 over 2 days (was 91) Going down! Pop score up 19 to 1441 but Blackburn had an even worse day so is at 1446 in NW top spot.

Rochdale 48 - up big from 33 to new record daily high here. 553 in month. 227 past week (record). 81 over 2 days (was 64). Pop score up 19 to 1194. The 1200 club tomorrow it seems.

Salford 60 - up from 39 to easily its highest ever number. This once low city is running at five times the level it was at even 3 weeks ago. 622 in month - easily a record and mid way between Oldham/Rochdale numbers when it was not long ago ahead of Stockport. 259 past week (new record). 99 over 2 days (was 66). Pop score up highest ever here by 24 to 889 with the 900 club looming. 4 weeks ago it was 8 ahead of Stockport here and is now 127 behind.

Stockport 25 - up from 19 but still joint lowest of the day. 309 in month. First time it has ever gone over 300. 153 past week (50% of month shows the rise here too). 44 over 2 days (was 47)). Pop score up 9 to 762.

Tameside 41 - up from 25. Big rise but not record though the major outbreak here goes on. 585 in month shows how bad as it used to be closely similar to Stockport. 263 past week. More than its monthly total was up until lately. 66 over 2 days (was 74). Pop score up 18 to 1055.

Trafford 25 - well up from 14 - but joint best of day so the new normal perhaps. 332 in month so did not take over from Stockport here today. 116 past week and still top in GM here but now no borough sub 100 sadly. 39 over 2 days (was 30). Pop score up 10 to 803 and so joined the 800 club.

Wigan 52 - up from 23 and possibly the most worrying number today as the once best in GM Wigan with 0 cases on multiple days not long ago obliterated its record from before and pro rata is now running not far short of Bolton like levels. Three weeks ago it had less cases in all seven days added together than it has today. 382 in month. 197 past week. Both new records. 75 over 2 days (was 53). More cases in 2 days than just 2 or 3 weeks ago it had in two full weeks of entirely single figure case numbers. Back then its pop score rose by 1 or 2 a day at most. Today it went up by an unheard of 16 to 803 - joining the 800 club. The way Wigan has slumped is a real concern as it could happen anywhere and Stockport or Trafford must be at risk of tipping over the edge like this too as the only two places left with current low(ish!) numbers.

As you can see today unexpectedly fast left Stockport as the only GM borough still in the 700 club. Though probably only for a few days .

Last edited:

As soon as someone goes for a test they should be told to Isolate till the result that to me seems common sense.

Spain’s deaths now shooting up to match the huge increase in cases these past 6/7 weeks. Madrid is a complete shitshow.

Buckle up.

England hospital patients up again from 866 to 894. Wales 45 to 53. Scotland 48 to 51. N. Ireland 23 to 21.

So 1019 looks like a drop - but that is because of the change of Scottish numbers. On the old measure we would be in the 1200s compared with about 700 two or three weeks ago.

NW patients have gone up today from 269 to 287. Seven days ago it was 173.

Even worse the ventilator cases in the NW are up again in 24 hours from 25 to 29. It was 14 seven days ago. And is up 11 in the past 4 days.

No way to spin that positively I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.