COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worrying numbers again today:

All settings deaths 20 (up from 8 last week) and starting to see these kind of numbers now more than we have for weeks. Suggesting out of hospital Covid deaths have started increasing.

And cases a new record high of 3991 unfortunately.

Going of that Sky news video i posted earlier today we'll be seeing 8000/10,000 plus cases a day in 2/3 weeks time :-(

As ever thanks again @Healdplace for the stats.

Of course these figures are going to be well short of the real totals as it's next to impossible to get a test. And it's becoming clear to me that it's going to spread quickly in schools.

In England over those same 4 days ventilator patients are up from 74 to 107 - not far off a 50% increase. A week ago it was 64 - so that is a rise of 43 in seven days.

The media have yet to tell people this news as far as I can see.

But in my view it is the biggest news of the week as it points towards us heading straight towards deaths going up soon too.

It was 20 July last time they were this high and then they were heading relentlessly down.

Really hope this is not the start of a serious second wave of deaths but it is certainly not good.

Thanks for the figures. With 2 primary school ages children feels like we're sitting on a time bomb in our household. Can see full lockdown again soon.

I posted a week to two back about the test situation we faced for our little one, they've known about this for weeks and not actively sought to increase the capability to provide it seems. Yet all along many have been saying that testing is key until a vaccine is widely available.

Seems they actively scaled back the size of some testing stations due to inactivity over summer, and now can't reequip then fast enough. Will be sorted in a few weeks is not good enough, in fact it's possibly the difference between a bad situation and a social and economic disaster. The army may be needed again to help.

Seems they actively scaled back the size of some testing stations due to inactivity over summer, and now can't reequip then fast enough. Will be sorted in a few weeks is not good enough, in fact it's possibly the difference between a bad situation and a social and economic disaster. The army may be needed again to help.
Local radio, says's that they've set up a mobile testing station in the town I live in today, but you can't book it anywhere, so it's empty, yet there are people there waiting to do tests, the MP says the issue is that there are no labs to do the test results, so what the point setting it up in the first place ?

Did London get it’s peak of this earlier than us and hence have a higher immunity? Seems we are right in the middle of this up here.

London were a week or so ahead in the Spring yes. It moved northwards over a couple of weeks. Not sure how much added immunity that brought.

Plus if anything the ventilator situation is worse in London as in the past 4 days they have moved from 12 to 26 patients on them.

Though patient numbers only up from 91 to 135 there in past 7 days.

England hospital patients up again from 866 to 894. Wales 45 to 53. Scotland 48 to 51. N. Ireland 23 to 21.

So 1019 looks like a drop - but that is because of the change of Scottish numbers. On the old measure we would be in the 1200s compared with about 700 two or three weeks ago.

NW patients have gone up today from 269 to 287. Seven days ago it was 173.

Even worse the ventilator cases in the NW are up again in 24 hours from 25 to 29. It was 14 seven days ago. And is up 11 in the past 4 days.

No way to spin that positively I am afraid.
A Tory would make a good job.

Did London get it’s peak of this earlier than us and hence have a higher immunity? Seems we are right in the middle of this up here.

Some of the North West population has led the UK in terms of irresponsible behaviour / more parties etc. There also seems to be a significant minority of Covid deniers. London will have had more people with the virus earlier on but that’s only part of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.