COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that and do agree with you. But the playing field is nowhere near the same as in March now. Large gatherings are already banned, most people are working from home, everyone has to wear a mask, awareness is on a different level, no groups of more than 6 etc etc. I don't think we can put any more restrictions in place that are already in without causing a lot more damage than what the virus can.

It's a shite situation and no one wants either option I'm sure.
Those are the rules but far too many are ignoring them and that is the problem

Last edited:
Do you not think it will make people go in each other's houses,rather than sit outside the pub or in each other's gardens?
Genuine question that mate.

Potentially, but I think as a general rule people tend to hibernate over winter. It will be a lot easier to enforce than it was from late may - July put it that way .

What a shambles, the government has had 6 months to get measures in place, and they've fucked it up big time, I've never heard so many mixed and confusing messages, no one has a clue what is happening, fear and paranoia have well and truly set in.
We needed strong leadership and direction but we've ended up with a clueless, un organised, lieing bunch of spineless, clueless bungling buffoons.

Cummings is not the reason
I agree, 95% of this country wouldn't know him if he was sat on their sofa, it's just a political comment.

The real issue is the lack of strong messaging about distancing from the government, and why we should do it, there is nothing about protecting the NHS, or the vulnerable either. Just don't do this in A, you can do this in B, groups of 6, or is it 3 households ? Even the messaging on face coverings isn't clear, you have to wear them on public transport, and in shops, but what about shopping centres ? Is it 1m or 2m distance ? supermarkets don't seem to know, and they were limiting those inside, they no longer seem to be doing that, because it hurts profit.

The messaging on testing is also a mess, people are requesting tests for next to nothing, so the ones who really might have it can't get tested, often because little jonny came home from school with a runny nose, as he probably has every September when the school holidays finished. People queeing at "walk in" test centres, but if you have symptoms you should actually isolate, not mingle in the streets in queues.

It's all a mess of messaging for me, somebody needs to sort that out, and we should have a "one nation one message" like we did at the start of this in late March, it doesn't have to be another lockdown, but somebody needs to get a grip and quickly, and enforce the messages.

I agree, 95% of this country wouldn't know him if he was sat on their sofa, it's just a political comment.

The real issue is the lack of strong messaging about distancing from the government, and why we should do it, there is nothing about protecting the NHS, or the vulnerable either. Just don't do this in A, you can do this in B, groups of 6, or is it 3 households ? Even the messaging on face coverings isn't clear, you have to wear them on public transport, and in shops, but what about shopping centres ? Is it 1m or 2m distance ? supermarkets don't seem to know, and they were limiting those inside, they no longer seem to be doing that, because it hurts profit.

The messaging on testing is also a mess, people are requesting tests for next to nothing, so the ones who really might have it can't get tested, often because little jonny came home from school with a runny nose, as he probably has every September when the school holidays finished. People queeing at "walk in" test centres, but if you have symptoms you should actually isolate, not mingle in the streets in queues.

It's all a mess of messaging for me, somebody needs to sort that out, and we should have a "one nation one message" like we did at the start of this in late March, it doesn't have to be another lockdown, but somebody needs to get a grip and quickly, and enforce the messages.

The Tories won’t sort it out because there is nobody on Hancock’s benches to hear this lunchtime’s Covid announcement. Maybe they have gone grouse shooting?I don’t think any politician can tbf.

it’s down to individuals to decide if they want to protect themselves and others.

Last edited:
Scottish data:

O deaths 290 cases (at 4.0%) First time this level has been passed in UK testing. It has been going up pretty much every day in Scotland and is higher there than the other 3 nations. Nicola Sturgeon also confirmed the R rate is well over 1 and will be announced later.

There are 52 in hospital on the new (much lower in number) measure - up 1 from yesterday.

And happily now just 5 in icu ventilator beds (-1 on yesterday). First positive news on this front in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.