COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I wonder what planet politicians and their scientists live on.

According to the Telegraph the government and science advisers are discussing asking people to have a 'contact diet plan' strategy to tot up how many people they meet each week to keep within a set 'calorie' like number

They cannot do simple stuff like target TV ads at the vulnerable using people the audience intended will trust.

But they expect everyone to go round with a calculator working out if they are yet at their 'contact limit'.

When will they get that spin and gimmickery is the last thing we need and simple direct unified messaging is the way to get things across? Do they have nobody with an IQ under 1000 and a common sense quotient above zero out there?

Every day these days is like watching a new series of Yes Minister.

It is the kind of thing Spitting Image used to spoof as satire but made tragically real.
Unbelievaboo , that is Cummings with his slogans and catchy tripe , as you say spend money on ads during the day and evenings, key messages, not slogans, be plain and clear instructions , this changing policy and putting out these silly ideas at 10pm in a pay to view paper , fucking joke but typical boris ,he was talking about camel bumps this week ,it is no wonder the public get confused, stay at home, protect the nhs and save lives was clear and concise, since then we have had woolley messages

Coming out of lockdown was a key time, it needed very clear instructions ,from PHE and not gov spin, i think it would have been handled much better

I put this somewhere else ,We should never have let people fly all over the world on holiday, in a pandemic , we had good weather so we should have insisted people stay here , being on holiday but checking the news every few mins to see if you had to leg it home early can't have been stress free or enjoyable , i didn't get why any people put themselves in a tin can with 200 people when we had restrictions on even seeing your families at home

Scotland week to week:

0 deaths v 0

244 cases v 245

At 3.7% of tests v 5.4%

259 in hospital (old measure -2) v 63 (new measure - 1)

ICU 7 (old mesure) v 9 (new measure)

Wales data

0 deaths happily

199 cases at 2/3% of tests.

Last week it was 0 deaths, 162 cases and 1.5% of tests.

younger people have been through lockdown long enough and now they simply don’t care - they want to go out and enjoy themselves. It’s the harsh reality.
The young think they are entitled to having a normal life, todays pampered lot would never have coped with going down the mines from age eight or being sent to fight in a war at seventeen, they have no more of a right to a normal life than the old who deserve their freedom ,I could bang their fucking heads together,a pandemic is not supposed to be easy , everyone suffers

Not all before you jump on me

The 12 England hospital deaths were aged between 62 and 98 and all had previously known underlying conditions.

So as of now UK hospital death total is 12. It was 5 last week. And stayed at that in all settings.

There are 444 cases from Scotland and Wales today (it was 406 last Sunday). NI then added 87 and England 2837 for UK total of 3330.

What is the point in forking out money for these companies if they fail to meet their obligations? Wouldn’t surprise me if this was also happening in other professional sports.
The biggest resource for tests are doing that to the detriment of all of us , no doubt they are sitting on a big fat contract so they can't be taken to task , weak if hancock is letting them get away with that

The young think they are entitled to having a normal life, todays pampered lot would never have coped with going down the mines from age eight or being sent to fight in a war at seventeen, they have no more of a right to a normal life than the old who deserve their freedom ,I could bang their fucking heads together,a pandemic is not supposed to be easy , everyone suffers

Not all before you jump on me
I see lots of over 40s hanging outside pubs having a fag as I walk home from work. Some of them are in one pub that I pass as I walk to work at 8am!! There are plenty of older people in groups in pubs all day.
Mind you, this IS Oldham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.