COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
think they have said 100k a day. Surely the second wave has to be smaller if 20 percent have allready had it in the big cities?l
In March/April we had 10 days with over 2500 admissions every day (with one over 3000). These last couple of days we’ve had about 240 admissions and last week there were about 20000 cases a day. So, a week later, 1% were admitted to hospital which has been consistent around the world throughout the pandemic. Therefore, an admission day with over 3000 suggests 300000 had it in on a day a week earlier, with 250000 on the 10 days around that.

It gets worse.

Of Scottish infections today

90 are in people aged 65+
42 are in children under 15
128 in young adults 15-19
504 in ages 20-64
Gets worse?

Infections are quite widespread and probably always have been.

How many of the 700+ students in Northumbria have been or will be admitted to hospital. I'd venture to wager between 0% and 0.5%. This is because they're young and can fight the virus. If this the case then Universities should be allowed to function freely. This us a really good opportunity to gave a meaningful, ready made case study.

People need to adjust their mindsets from the fear factor and recognise that this virus is amongst us, always has been and will probably go through the majority of society before a vaccine is available. The more we try to suppress and slow it up, the longer it will take and the more we will suffer.

No one can tell which way will produce the lesser number of deaths, which is the obvious preference, but people need to accept it is amongst us, so rather than try to suppress let's try and manage it.

I know @kaz7 feels strongly about thus but I think we should take care of Care Homes, the elderly and the vulnerable and anyone who needs protection and let the rest of society get on with life in supporting the nation by working and living as normal.... sorry @kaz7

Last edited:
In March/April we had 10 days with over 2500 admissions every day (with one over 3000). These last couple of days we’ve had about 240 admissions and last week there were about 20000 cases a day. So, a week later, 1% were admitted to hospital which has been consistent around the world throughout the pandemic. Therefore, an admission day with over 3000 suggests 300000 had it in on a day a week earlier, with 250000 on the 10 days around that.

when you say we do you work in a hospital? Do you agree with my hope that the second spike will be much smaller??

People need to open their minds and accept that this is and always has been the position.

The only reason we gave bigger infection rate numbers now s because we have the ability to test more.

Gets worse?

How many of the 700+ students in Northumbria have been or will be admitted to hospital.

People need to adjust their mindsets from the fear factor and recognise that this virus is amongst us and will probs lay go through the majority of society before a vaccine is available. The more we try to suppress and slow it up, the longer it will take and the more we will suffer.

No one can tell which way will produce the lesser number of deaths, which is the obvious preference, but people need to accept it is amongst us, so rather than try to suppress let's try and manage it.

I know @kaz7 feels strongly about thus but I think we should take care of Care Homes, the elderly and the vulnerable and anyone who needs protection and let the rest of society get on with life in supporting the nation by working and living as normal.... sorry @kaz7
Well i have been told to stay in for the winter, i am angry and frustrated , those of us forced inside again hate it , if every single person did the right thing and stuck to the rules and not be fucking selfish we might not have to have our lives curtailed

By get's worse Ayrshire was referring to the % of those over 65 testing positive as my reply to it indicates.

He posts these numbers daily to monitor that key stat as they are overwhelmingly from where the deaths will result. And they have been running at 7/8 % daily before this rise today.

Well i have been told to stay in for the winter, i am angry and frustrated , those of us forced inside again hate it , if every single person did the right thing and stuck to the rules and not be fucking selfish we might not have to have our lives curtailed
The thing is Katz I think, sadly, you would, if you're vulnerable. Shit I know, I'm on the borderline but would happily sacrifice my short term freedom and liberty for a long term solution.... As opposed to asking everyone to suffer for an indeterminate period.

Like I say, sad but as they say... we are where we are.

The only way we get total freedom back by everyone staying in and beating the virus is when we get the vaccine AND it us successfully deployed throughout the community.

Gets worse?

How many of the 700+ students in Northumbria have been or will be admitted to hospital. I'd venture to wager between 0% and 0.5%. This is because they're young and can fight the virus. If this the case then Universities should be allowed to function freely. This us a really good opportunity to gave a meaningful, ready made case study.

People need to adjust their mindsets from the fear factor and recognise that this virus is amongst us, always has been and will probably go through the majority of society before a vaccine is available. The more we try to suppress and slow it up, the longer it will take and the more we will suffer.

I was talking to a friend last week who works at Astra Zeneca, i dont really knkw in what capacity. But he said he couldnt see a vaccine being passed safe for wide release for a number of years. As pharmaceutical companies in the west fear litigation if there are bad side affects. I found that news quite depressing. I was hoping in March they would be rolling it out this year. So if true we will just have to live with this virus for a longer while yet.

The thing is Katz I think, sadly, you would, if you're vulnerable. Shit I know, I'm on the borderline but would happily sacrifice my short term freedom and liberty for a long term solution.... As opposed to asking everyone to suffer for an indeterminate period.

Like I say, sad but as they say... we are where we are.

The only way we get total freedom back by everyone staying in and beating the virus is when we get the vaccine AND it us successfully deployed throughout the community.
It has not been short term though , tbe vulnerable were in lockdown much longer than everyone else and now have to go back in because the rest wont stick to the rules well enough
I am tired and emotional about this , best i stay out of the thread for a bit me thinks, stay well

Pretty much 60k excess deaths between March and June. we are registering 42k covid now.

Since we stabilised covid infections we have mostly been under the 5 year average.

50k excess deaths a few years ago as widely debated on here. Was supposed to be a bad flu season but people argued only 17k were flu. Sounds the same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.