COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the difference between Sweden and the UK is more to do with household size than population density. In Stockholm 40% of households are single occupancy, in Gothenburg it's over 50%.

The big mesage in Sweden is if you're ill - stay at home.

When people who live on their own stay at home then the transmission chain is broken. So the effective R number is pushed down.

This is probably especially significant in cities where, in the UK, many single people are still going to be in shared housing. In Stockholm the areas that were hardets hit in the spring were areas and communities where multigeneration homes are more common. The Somali and Syrian communities, for example.
It really is this. Not rocket science to say the most densely areas are going to be worse off. Multi generation families. We all know who they are

I think the difference between Sweden and the UK is more to do with household size than population density. In Stockholm 40% of households are single occupancy, in Gothenburg it's over 50%.

The big mesage in Sweden is if you're ill - stay at home.

When people who live on their own stay at home then the transmission chain is broken. So the effective R number is pushed down.

This is probably especially significant in cities where, in the UK, many single people are still going to be in shared housing. In Stockholm the areas that were hardets hit in the spring were areas and communities where multigeneration homes are more common. The Somali and Syrian communities, for example.

Makes sense.

You living in Sweden?

The impression I have is whilst the rules are somewhat laxer in Sweden, they are observed by far more of the population. Interested in your perspective.

Also, what's the situation with universities over there? Have they gone back normally?

Take a break and watch games when we are on
I did, Kaz.

As I said up front when explaining why it would be late today.

Have not missed a game this season.

But I only watch the game not listen to the babbling pre or post game.

I watched Strictly instead.

Last edited:
They're outside the supreme court and went live this morning. Not sure if they're real doctors I'm guessing so.
Mate you or I could roll up outside the supreme court in white coats with a TV camera.

Personally I haven't watched it. It's from OAN, who after a bright start as a news source, have amassed a recent history of publishing palpably false stories and conspiracy theories favoured by right wing political movements. They've gotten so bad, they are even banned from use as a wikipedia source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.