COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ.

Your table proves that larger countries have higher death rates.

Fuck me, what a surprise.

And looking at just the last 14 days? Jesus, that's weak.

Now. Try again, total per capita deaths.

I first thought you were just thick. Now it's obvious you're dishonest.
Hmmm you seem intent on getting personal, why's that? maybe its because when you ask a question and you get an answer you don't like its your default position?

Last fourteen days... its called trend analysis - I quoted these figures a few times over the last week and they are upholding the current trend, then again you need to be open minded to understand the other point of view.

As for the comment "the larger countries have the larger death rate - fuck me what a surprise". I'm guessing you really don't understand statistics and statistical analysis... have another go please.

But please try to refrain from childish comments and try to present arguments against.... or if you're going to throw the toys again, please just don't bother.

My daughter still poorly and no taste or smell and been bad for over a week now. She is a footballer and very fit and it has absolutely floored her.

My daughter still poorly and no taste or smell and been bad for over a week now. She is a footballer and very fit and it has absolutely floored her.
Sorry to hear that, apologies if you've already said, but has she been tested and had the result?

Hope she has a speedy recovery.

My personal view is any type of lockdown would be low down the list of possible solutions. Here is a very high level overview.

I would prefer to see a solution whereby all the money we're currently spending on saving businesses, being spent on protecting the the vulnerable people that need shielding = this by providing intensive support through various means.

I would tell all Businesses (Hospitality, Hairdressers, shops, offices etc,,,to remain open but to deploy effective Covid 19 safe strategies.... entry/exit controls, masks, social distancing, working from home etc...

I would advise the younger people (say under 60's) that they should continue to work but look after themselves and take care and stay safe, this way I would hope the virus would transfer around that community and be kept away from the older generation and care homes and hospitals,

The money that was saved by not paying job protection and furlough etc.... I would ensure through investment, that there were first class quick turnaround testing facilities available to:

Care Homes
Hospitals
anyone that was symptomatic,

This might have to stay in place for six months or maybe more but the essence would be the country would continue working and generate revenue that would pay taxes and wages.

to continue locking down in the hope we will rid ourselves of the virus is in my opinion pointless, it will keep coming back and we will be in this position forever and a day until a vaccine is found, this is something that I believe is totally unrealistic. The public just wont accept it.
Sadly you can't keep the virus out of the homes and care hones where the vulnerable live.
200k+ deaths in addition to what we've had if we let the virus rip.
You can however stand a chance of isolating the infected till they are well again. So call for volunteers to be infected. After a heath check send them to holiday camps or hotel clusters for 2 and a half weeks starting with a low metered dose of the virus, followed by free food, £125 of free drink tokens and dancing and the like.
Some people will still get very ill. But very few will die. A hell of a lot less than what is happening at the moment for sure.

Last edited:
Mate you or I could roll up outside the supreme court in white coats with a TV camera.

Personally I haven't watched it. It's from OAN, who after a bright start as a news source, have amassed a recent history of publishing palpably false stories and conspiracy theories favoured by right wing political movements. They've gotten so bad, they are even banned from use as a wikipedia source.
The platform used and thumbnail looked highly suspicious!

Thanks for confirming my gut feeling they were bad.

Christ.

Your table proves that larger countries have higher death rates.

Fuck me, what a surprise.

And looking at just the last 14 days? Jesus, that's weak.

Now. Try again, total per capita deaths.

I first thought you were just thick. Now it's obvious you're dishonest.
What gives you the right to be obnoxious to other posters just because you dissagree with their view point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.