COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart goes out to all of you who have been badly affected by this awful situation we find ourselves in. Some of the posts have genuinely made me shed a tear or two. It must be fucking terrible to see a loved one pass because of this, weather directly or indirectly. Or a son or daughter struggling with being shackled. Or losing your job. Or worrying about your own health. Or all the other stuff that would take too long to list.
Its really strange that since lockdown my own issues with depression and alcohol have taken a bit of a back seat while I try to keep my parents safe. Im kind of hoping this shit will make us better people going forward.
It doesnt really matter what you think of boris or any of the other experts. What matters is how we treat our loved ones, and other people. In that respect we shouldnt need governing.
Im hoping this will become a bit of a leveller. Ive started to try and help others, instead of not giving a fuck. Not giving a fuck is easy. But caring about others and going out of your way is so rewarding.
Stop listening to people who think they are better than you because they wear a tie and live in london. If they were that smart they would be living in florida playing golf everyday. They are just bullshitters who normally dont really have to do a lot, they are not used to being held culpable. Dont be suprised when they bumble about fucking up at every turn. As a nation we decided that boris was the man to lead us. A man who regularly appeared on panel shows and was lampooned relentlessly. A very clever man, but not a leader. He couldnt wire a plug or put up a shelf. He would electrocute himself or put a nail in a pipe.
This isnt a political rant, its a humanist one. Look after your loved ones, make sure they are safe. Give them good advice. Advice you follow yourself. Dont worry about tiers, traffic lights, eat out to help out etc. Fuck all that. Dont worry about idiots mass gathering. Just take the measures needed to keep you and your family alive and stay safe. If we all do that (us decent people) then we will reap what we sow.
Sorry for the interruption im upset tonight

Bollocks, gyms have been about for as long as I can remember and I’m in my 50’s. As for your comment on mental health then all I can say is you’re a twat.
Yes i fucked up with the gym historics, i meant to say they werent as prolific/ popular as they are today.
As for your insult, i cant really argue with that, i am indeed a twat, especially when it comes to dealing with knobheads. But having said that, i wouldnt turn into a nervous wreck if my gym wasnt open.

To be fair it’s a totally twat thing to say

both me and partner go and it’s definitely good for us and gyms have been around for a hell of a long time
Fair play but would you turn into gibbering mentalists if it shut? I guess not. I fucking hope not.

Do you find that people stay away from you?
No. Almost the opposite infact.
My apprentice at work seems to want to spend as much time with me as he can.
My mum and dad seem to enjoy my visits.
Hope that satisfies your slightly strange curiosity

Yes i fucked up with the gym historics, i meant to say they werent as prolific/ popular as they are today.
As for your insult, i cant really argue with that, i am indeed a twat, especially when it comes to dealing with knobheads. But having said that, i wouldnt turn into a nervous wreck if my gym wasnt open.
People with many mental health conditions use gyms or a variety of other things to keep their condition under control. You may not turn into a nervous wreck but that doesn’t mean they won’t. They may get anxious as the gym is the only place they can exert or that it’s the only place they meet some like minded individuals, take part in classes for example. So I’d suggest you stop thinking that how you’d react is the same for someone else and especially take heed of what you posted earlier in being kind to each other, if you can’t, then yes, you’re confirming that you are indeed a twat.

I’ve just listened to a researcher on the news who has developed Covid detection through checking peoples irises. It’s been tested at Oxford John Radcliffe Hospital and they are hoping to get regulatory approval in between 3 and 6 months. The researcher said it would be a very cost effective and faster test (results in a couple of minutes) that would be ideal for schools, airports etc.

Last edited:
I’ve just listened to a researcher on the news who has developed Covid detection through checking peoples irises. It’s been tested at Oxford John Radcliffe Hospital and they are hoping to get regulatory approval in between 3 and 6 months. The researcher said it would be a very cost effective and faster test (results in a couple of months) that would be ideal for schools, airports etc.
Your obsessed with this covid you need to get out more m8:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.