COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I half joked a few years ago that we needed something like this to get rid of a couple of billion people.

The world was coping alright with about 5 billion, but 7 billion is too much and projected figures of 9 billion in a few years is ridiculous.

Our carbon footprints are far too large to have anymore than about 5 billion people on this planet.

Take away the human feelings from this and look at the planet, this pandemic hasn’t killed enough people, so we will need to find a different way to reduce the population of the planet.

A big fuck off war would be one way but there must be a better way!
We should hold a raffle and if your number is called then you get to help save the world by being sent on your way to the great beyond.
I’d happily take part. This planet will be ruined beyond repair in the next 100 or so years.

I agree, I just don't think the extent of things there are as bad as here or anywhere else in Europe/US. The only reason why is because the actions they are taking have been fast and have proven to be extremely successful (although in parts brutal).

There is still an argument that prolonging the pandemic is worse than not doing, China have moved to end it ASAP whereas we haven't. Here we are prolonging it because we are unwilling to make short-term sacrifices and as a result only a vaccine will save us. We may as well not bother with track and trace for example because it doesn't work whilst the population has a choice in whether to even use it.

Many medical journals and the WHO agree:

“In China, you have a combination of a population that takes respiratory infections seriously and is willing to adopt non-pharmaceutical interventions, with a government that can put bigger constraints on individual freedoms than would be considered acceptable in most Western countries. Commitment to the greater good is engrained in the culture; there is not the hyper-individualism that characterises parts of the USA, and has driven most of the resistance to the countermeasures against the coronavirus.”
They also have a government that will weld you in your flat if they deem necessary, somehow I don’t see that happening here

Those cases are down (first time under 20K since Monday) but the deaths up on the hospital deaths by quite a lot (61 added to England's 76 in hospital). Looks like the other settings deaths (eg care homes) are starting to rise quite a bit too.

Does that indicate a possible act of insurance for the employer?
It might do I suppose from the employer’s perspective. I don’t know.

For frontline staff, anybodybreasonably carrying out their duties should be be covered by the NHS Indemnity for insurance purposes. Some people at risk from Ambulance chasers might take out extra insurance, like paramedics, IIRC

It might do I suppose from the employer’s perspective. I don’t know.

For frontline staff, anybodybreasonably carrying out their duties should be be covered by the NHS Indemnity for insurance purposes. Some people at risk from Ambulance chasers might take out extra insurance, like paramedics, IIRC
Only asking as ours are doing risk assessments that they don't normally do. Where you are asked if you agree to the conclusion.
Don't trust them as far as I can throw them, but one thing I do know...this isn't for my benefit as such

He said: "Teams are looking at what we can do around those isolation periods. This will be scientifically-led. It is understood that teams are looking at cutting the current 14-day period of isolation for contacts of those infected with the virus to between seven and 10 days.

Not for those testing positive

England hospital data is sadly not good either, Two days again.

Patients rose from 6518 Friday to 6823 Saturday to 7225 today. It was 4974 last Sunday - and that is week to week is a rise of over 30%.

707 in two days is a lot. Last time it was this high was 19 May - a jump since Friday back towards the mid April peak of six days this weekend. Revealing it was a lot going in.

Though the peak number in April was just over 17,000 so we are not even half way there yet.

Ventilators too quite a rise

From 601 Friday to 631 Saturday and 662 today. That 10% rise this weekend is bigger than usual too.

It was 503 last Sunday so a 159 rise - a little up at about 26%.

But last time there were 662 on ventilators was 28 May so the jump back towards the April peak is only 3 days over the weekend - half that of the patient numbers.

But bear in mind there were 2881 on ventilators at the peak so we are significantly less as a % of that total as yet than in the patient numbers. Less than a quarter of the peak of wave one in ventilators versus over 40% of the April peak in patients.

Due, as we know, to reduced use of these and treatments saving lives before they are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.