COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just come off the phone to my daughter who has recently had it. (All clear now).

She is saying she is still catching her breath and feels absolutely exhausted. She tested positive twice and negative last week. Is it normal to still feel shattered and anyone who has has it, how long before energy comes back?
Case by case, but my sister is only 29 and was out of breath for at least 6 weeks after having it pretty badly just before lockdown and now essentially seems to have asthma (although is now otherwise ok). You can't rush it, but it affects everyone differently it seems.

The rate for Tameside appears to be the highest in Britain btw. I could not find anywhere with a number higher than or even close to 164.7.

That's because we have Tameside hospital.
Not saying it's got a very bad reputation or anything, but i get nervous just visiting somebody who's in there that i might not make it out. And that was pre Covid!

My daughter is self isolating for two weeks for the second time this term! Her education in her final GCSE year has been ruined by this virus and this utterly incompetent government.

Don't know what the set up is like at your daughters school, but from my own experience I have found it a brilliant time to study. I have just gone back into education and not been to the university once. All the lectures are recorded and put online, so I can watch them when I want. I then have constant access to them. Tonight I had a tutorial and I could ask questions. All the course material is put on line and the lecturers are available through email or on microsoft teams. The fact I have constant access to the lwctures and everything is recorded is fantastic. If I don't understand anything or miss it, then I can keep going back to it. I have found this a far better way to study.
Seeing as I do not have a social life at present, I might as well be studying. If I do not get good marks then it will be down to me not being clever enough rather than anything else.

That is not true , i see both and after seeing god knows how many die with my own eyes and consolling relatives then i put life first , the economy has always recovered and it will again
I have said it before you dont come across that way. you appear to think there is a bottomless pit of money and a balance does not have to be struck between the economy and lives protected. that balance is made with every other diesease and covid should be no different in that respect. where the balance is is the hard bit. Why do you think the chancellor stopped the 80% furlough, because he wanted to or had to?

Nice approach, That's the key point, that the people in charge have to upset people sometimes. Hope it all works out for you.

I didn't know Merkel's background - could we swap for Johnson, please?
That swap is a fantastic idea for a new movie! Just imagine...

I honestly hope as well UK numbers will come down soon.

Never been a Merkel fan for different reasons, but in this pandemic she is lightyears ahead of other German politicians due to her scientific background.

When I'm talking to other people now moaning about gov decisions I don't argue anymore. I only ask what they would particularily do instead as chancellor of 83 million people in the centre of Europe. Not as a single moaner in the pub. That's the difference.
As a country you are far better setup than we are with regional government, OK we have our separate nations, but they are al small compared to England, so there is virtually no local setup here.

Our system is chaotic, I wrote earlier that Nottinghamshire is in the highest level of restrictions, yet a small town 6 miles away is in another county with much lesser restrictions, and I wager that 90% of the smaller towns population will have no idea where the boundary is, and many work (and probably shop) on the other side anyway. Our current system is a mess, even in the highest restrictions they are different from one area to another, and apart from some pathetic "government information" slots on national TV for the most part we have no message.

The only person keeping me safe from it is me, and yet I still have to go into work with people who come from all across the country into the office I work.

The only difference between current tier 3 and “national lockdown” is full closure of hospitality and non-essential shopping.

I would like to see it explained how that would have any increased effect on numbers.

I would also like to see it explained how locking down those areas in tier 1 that are seeing extremely low numbers as part of a national lockdown is a necessary.

there is a lack of acceptance that numbers will go up.

the government needs to publish what the acceptable number of deaths is. In other words, what is the number of deaths at which point they will release the lockdown. Otherwise it will be a repeat of March when lockdown went on far too long and the evidence shows that the numbers were coming down long before lockdown ended.

if the public were given the specific details setting out the parameters “when this happens we will do this” then compliance will be greater and that’s one of the biggest problems at the moment

Hopefully, never. In reality, unlikely. Although, deeply unpopular restrictions will probably become the norm, until the end of spring. Anything else then the health and wealth of the nations economy will be beyond fucked.
The economy will be ruined after another six months of this with millions unemployed, without another lockdown. In a few years time the moaners will really be out in force. They dont realise it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.