COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me a year where week 52 was worse than week 51 or week 1 of the following year. It has never happened in the UK or US - EVER.
Cases start to ramp up in October then hit accelerator in November and December and reach the peak about the 3rd week in January before declining. But every time week 52 is a temporary 10%-20% drop.
Why will Covid-19 be any different?

While lancs blue has shown you a graph anyways.

Show me a year that week 52 didn’t have 2 bank holidays in it? Reporting doesn’t happen on Bank holidays! Week 52 is 5 days of reporting, week 1 is going to be including those 2 extra days ( minus 1 of its own for new year), week 2 will include week 1’s extra day.

Your hypothesis is flawed because you are viewing the dip on week 52 as natural when it’s a statistic reporting blip.

Explain? If we have less cases, less deaths, a lower R rate but are in a higher tier would you just accept it? Bizarre.
You can put any spin on it you want. The bottom line is people ignoring the rules are the main reason we are where we are. We are governed by laws of which most conform to whether we like them or not. You seem hell bent on making a case for you to be bigger than the law. Crack on but don't whinge if you are penalised, be it individually, or for contributing to longer restrictions.

I won't be doing my own thing, I'll be following the guidelines that are suitable for the level we are at. This will be the lowest level to a region with numbers in the same ball park as where I live. What's wrong with that?
That's not what you posted is it.

We all know the numbers, if we go into tier 3 and the South into tier 2 I won't be sticking to the tier 3 rules, will adopt whatever seems suitable for our current infection rate at that time.

You can put any spin on it you want. The bottom line is people ignoring the rules are the main reason we are where we are. We are governed by laws of which most conform to whether we like them or not. You seem hell bent on making a case for you to be bigger than the law. Crack on but don't whinge if you are penalised, be it individually, or for contributing to longer restrictions.

You've totally missed the point. I've stuck to the law throughout and will continue to do so providing the law is fair and consistent for everyone. Which is why if we went into tier 3 tomorrow but the SE tier 2, knowing what we know of the stats as far as I am concerned we are in tier 2. I don't understand how this potential scenario wouldn't bother you.

You've totally missed the point. I've stuck to the law throughout and will continue to do so providing the law is fair and consistent for everyone. Which is why if we went into tier 3 tomorrow but the SE tier 2, knowing what we know of the stats as far as I am concerned we are in tier 2. I don't understand how this potential scenario wouldn't bother you.
If where you live is deemed to be tier 3, you have openly said this morning that you will be ignoring it and applying what you believe is the correct level of restrictions. That is not abiding by the law.

Why does it bother me?. Well as I commented, too many will also do their own thing as we have already witnessed these last few months, and that affects the whole country.

I never misunderstood. What you wrote and now saying what you meant were poles apart

'if we go into tier 3 and the South into tier 2 I won't be sticking to the tier 3 rules, will adopt whatever seems suitable for our current infection rate at that time'.

That's what I put in my original post. You clearly misunderstood. I will stick to whatever rules our current infection rate dictates.

If where you live is deemed to be tier 3, you have openly said this morning that you will be ignoring it and applying what you believe is the correct level of restrictions. That is not abiding by the law.

Why does it bother me?. Well as I commented, too many will also do their own thing as we have already witnessed these last few months, and that affects the whole country.

Yes that's right, if areas with higher infection rates are put in a lower tier then I'll go about my business as if we are in the lower tier. Everyone should do the same.

'if we go into tier 3 and the South into tier 2 I won't be sticking to the tier 3 rules, will adopt whatever seems suitable for our current infection rate at that time'.

That's what I put in my original post. You clearly misunderstood. I will stick to whatever rules our current infection rate dictates.
Im really struggling to see that as you say "I won't be sticking to tier 3 rules and will adopt whatever seems suitable for our current infection rates"

Maybe I am being thick this morning but that clearly says you will not be following the law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.