COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone reckon with this 1 and a half dose thing then? Will they give the 2 dose 62% regime until more data on the smaller dose is done or straightaway go with the 90% approx lower dose? Heard the smaller dose was a 3000 person subset.

Not known. They've got to review and certify all the trial data, and more may be known by then.

I have a hunch that the hardware (needles, vials) may then be more limiting than active vaccine.

What does everyone reckon with this 1 and a half dose thing then? Will they give the 2 dose 62% regime until more data on the smaller dose is done or straightaway go with the 90% approx lower dose? Heard the smaller dose was a 3000 person subset.

Reckon they will go half then full dose

the testing done on Oxford vaccine is a lot more in depth than the other 2 who have announced

they tested everyone for infectiom regularly rather than just checking for symptoms

Reckon they will go half then full dose

the testing done on Oxford vaccine is a lot more in depth than the other 2 who have announced

they tested everyone for infectiom regularly rather than just checking for symptoms

The primary endpoint was symptomatic covid, so asymptomatic don't count in the analysis published today according to the public domain info.

PCR positive but asymptomatic is a secondary endpoint (reported but not defining success of the trial).

Unless I've misunderstood something or there's been a change, both of which are entirely possible

Both the pfizer and Moderna vaccines are both pretty similar and work in similar ways: they are injected into the muscle and from there they work their way into the bloodstream and stimulate the production of antibodies. But both have question marks though, for example how long such antibody resistance would last. Also the extent to which a heathy, but infected vaccinated person can still infect someone else.

These vaccines don't just produce antibodies, they produce a full immune response, so even if antibodies only last 6 months (although the latest news is it's much longer) you also have memory B cells (that make the antibodies) and T cells which last for decades.

Walked back about a mile from putting car in for MOT. Passed about a dozen individuals or pairs on my side of pavement. Fewer than half kept any distance or even noticed that l was trying to maintain social distancing. Ignorant shits. I dont know if it is possible to be infected in passing but keeping a distance does no harm even without the question of good manners.
A lot of Joe Public just doesn't give a toss.

Walked back about a mile from putting car in for MOT. Passed about a dozen individuals or pairs on my side of pavement. Fewer than half kept any distance or even noticed that l was trying to maintain social distancing. Ignorant shits. I dont know if it is possible to be infected in passing but keeping a distance does no harm even without the question of good manners.
A lot of Joe Public just doesn't give a toss.

I think all the evidence is that transmission outdoors is minimal, so probably best to concentrate on doing the right thing indoors, take the opportunity for having a walk and a natter outdoors.

There isn't really a more effective one. The Oxford one is over 90% if it's given as two doses (half, then full), same as the other 2.

Well, they said there's some evidence it 'may' be 'up to' 90% if given two doses. Not read anything that says it exceeds 90%, and it's definitely not certainly as high as 90% at all times, hence why they're mainly pushing the average of 70% I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.