COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a text while watching the football that One of my best mates growing up, has just passed away due to this terrible illness, only in his early 50's, and I'm absolutely gutted. RIP Paul.

Feel really uplifted today. The news conference was uplifting and you can almost see the weight metaphorically speaking lifting off Boris shoulders. A few weeks and we will be vaccinating and every single day the problem is then reducing. Also only 27 days until the shortest day and then we are on the road to spring. I can handle a boring January and February knowing 2021 will at some point absolutely boom. People will be desperate to have fun and drink and eat out. Will be great.

I am going to spoil my dad like mad next summer and have lots of great days out. Can’t wait.

So you should mate. Disagreed with you politically on this thread (sorry mods!) but just goes to show the bottom line is that we all want through this as soon and as safe as possible...and we're *almost* there.

So you should mate. Disagreed with you politically on this thread (sorry mods!) but just goes to show the bottom line is that we all want through this as soon and as safe as possible...and we're *almost* there.

indeed we are. I am a positive person by nature and it is not in my nature to criticise people doing their best. Today is a testiment to the very best of the Uk. I literally can’t wait to grasp the opportunity of life again and will so appreciate the small pleasures of simple things I love such as swimming, a pint, City, meals out and just people. My dad is not in great shape and whatever time I have left with him I am going to try and maximise. He is the worlds biggest blue and has been lost without going.

The conduct of the vast majority I think has been truly uplifting. The odd knobhead but the vast majority of people have been patient and kind.

I hope we learn from this.

We need a clear, mathematically defined, roadmap showing how an area will be placed in what tier. No more of this safe Tory seat in tier 1 whilst Labour seats with lower infection rates are put in higher tiers.

If they get this wrong they’ll lose a lot of people, me included. If I get a whiff of any place with a higher infection being in a lower tier than Salford, I’ll simply ignore the rules for the tier Salford is in and operate as if I was living in the other place.

We need a clear, mathematically defined, roadmap showing how an area will be placed in what tier. No more of this safe Tory seat in tier 1 whilst Labour seats with lower infection rates are put in higher tiers.

If they get this wrong they’ll lose a lot of people, me included. If I get a whiff of any place with a higher infection being in a lower tier than Salford, I’ll simply ignore the rules for the tier Salford is in and operate as if I was living in the other place.
That won’t help you in getting a pint though!

I said the same the other day yet some still disagreed with the rationale behind my thinking. They need to be transparent about what puts you into what tier or they will lose the majority of the country. Also making the decisions this week, 1 week in advance of the measures coming in is also daft. We have seen from the start how quick the virus can change and a week is a long time.

i wouldn't have thought we'll see that for another few days but i suppose it might be on thursday? i cant see it being anything but lower thresholds than last time, personally.

284 per 100k cases in manchester any chance we get put in tier 2?? Birmingham leicester high 300s shirley tier 3 london 140 obviously tier 1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.