COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which vaccine is it? I’m in my late 50s and I’m on a trial. But they wanted to know about my life style, who I came in to contact with, my family make up. Plus the area I lived. All those factors made me likely to come into contact with someone with the virus. They also recruited my 18 year old daughter, who uses public transport, works in a school etc.
She assumes it's the Oxford one?.. signed up and was accepted but told the only trial available was in Liverpool so she is waiting to see if there is a Manchester one

And the three nations death total today (minus out of hospital deaths for England yet to come) is 445.

Last three weeks this was 406 v 478 v 388.

So it is up on last week but down on 2 weeks ago and only 39 up on 3 weeks ago.

Last weeks 388 became 529 on all settings so we are likely to be around 600 again today.

But raw numbers and day to day jumps are not the whole story as the above shows.

Sadly - yes - it means 600 more tragic family Christmases. But we might be seeing some light at the end of the second wave.

IF that family Christmas does not lead to a third wave in January which is all too possible.

The number of UK coronavirus deaths in hospitals has increased by 445

Victims in England were aged between 10 and 100, with a 31-year-old with no known underlying health conditions among those who died

Official figures

Bear in mind the lockdown is only 3 weeks old and it takes that long for cases to translate into deaths so we are yet to see the true impact of the fall in cases over the past week or two. That will follow after we are back into the tiers in the lead up to Christmas.

It is already clear deaths in the NW are falling and the same will occur in other regions.

So just as now looks like the measures have not worked in reducing death much if at all that is not a conclusion we can make yet as the signs are good that hospital numbers are reducing and ventilator numbers stabilising. And these are the indicators between the case numbers and the deaths which will always be the final one to change.

The danger is IF these start to fall in early December it might make people more likely to go mad over Christmas as 'the pandemic is waning' but without understanding this path it is easy to be mislead by the data and over compensate.

The number of UK coronavirus deaths in hospitals has increased by 445

Victims in England were aged between 10 and 100, with a 31-year-old with no known underlying health conditions among those who died

Official figures

Just to clarify the 353 ENGLAND deaths are hospital only. The 92 from the other 3 nations are not just hospital but all settings. No idea why England has to be different here but it is.

That's why the figure will go up in all settings when the out of hospital from England get added.

Just to clarify the 353 ENGLAND deaths are hospital only. The 92 from the other 3 nations are not just hospital but all settings. No idea why England has to be different here but it is.

That's why the figure will go up in all settings when the out of hospital from England get added.
I know that

I know that
Blimey, well if you know that then you know the statement 'The number of UK coronavirus deaths in hospitals has increased by 445' is incorrect as for Wales, Scotland and NI this includes all settings deaths not just hospital.

i think the impact of keeping people away from hospitals is beginning to hit home now;

Capture.PNG

Kevin McConway, emeritus professor of applied statistics at the Open University, said he was concerned about the number of deaths at home, which amounted to 140 excess deaths a day. “Deaths at home have been at that kind of level, over 100 above average each day, since mid-May, just after the first peak of the pandemic. I still haven’t seen any clear explanation of why this might be happening, and that worries me,”

actually seeing this has made me really angry, i really haven't agreed with the process of the lockdowns and keeping hospitals clear, and this really annoys me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.