COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the BBC pundits debating this Liverpool has been a success because they supported the mass testing and it has brought cases down and other areas in the north did not.

Is there any evidence at all for that?

Numbers were falling before the testing. Was not take up quite low? So how much difference did this really make?

But the BBC seems to think not supporting mass testing and wanting to target health workers and care homes instead for testing was the big mistake Manchester made.

I cannot see that making much sense. Am I missing something?
Only that the BBC are clowns

According to the BBC pundits debating this Liverpool has been a success because they supported the mass testing and it has brought cases down and other areas in the north did not.

Numbers were falling before the testing. Was not take up quite low? So how much difference did this really make?

But the BBC seems to think not supporting mass testing and wanting to target health workers and care homes instead for testing was the big mistake Manchester made.

No you're not, they're taking the piss.

Can anyone explain to me how Manchester which has lower rates I believe in everything and who's numbers are falling be in tier 3 while London, who's rates are higher is in tier 2 if it's not political?

how can people continue to peddle the lie that mass testing brings cases down?? as if being tested changes your behaviours and the way the virus spreads? Liverpool has declined because it was naturally waning, not because mass testing scared the fucking virus off.

Can anyone explain to me how Manchester which has lower rates I believe in everything and who's numbers are falling be in tier 3 while London, who's rates are higher is in tier 2 if it's not political?
london's rates are not higher.

I struggle to understand how we can be at level 3 for as long as we have been, now continue to be in tier 3 for the next 2 week but then in 4 weeks time households can mix for 5 days due to a magic man in the sky.

If we are genuinely at a point where we need to be in tier 3 then there is no way we should have our restrictions lifted over Xmas, it must be one or the other.

Good grief....

The health secretary again praised the progress in Liverpool and the work of local leaders to make mass community testing a success.
He added that when local leaders did not work with the government, there was an impact on infection levels, with cases going up.
This was in "sharp contrast" with Liverpool and other areas where local leadership were "constructive and positive", Hancock said.

Good grief....

The health secretary again praised the progress in Liverpool and the work of local leaders to make mass community testing a success.
He added that when local leaders did not work with the government, there was an impact on infection levels, with cases going up.
This was in "sharp contrast" with Liverpool and other areas where local leadership were "constructive and positive", Hancock said.
Matt Hancock is a dickhead!!!

I didnt realize we'd been offered mass testing?

Stockport just got a mention on the BBC too.

Would likely have been (with Trafford) tier 2 on the numbers but the decision was based on the inter connectivity of the GM region.

I totally agree with that. In fact said on here when Stockport and Wigan and Trafford numbers were allowing exclusion from restrictions that leaving them out would only drive numbers up there by osmosis as people just drove or even walked a mile or two to somewhere they have less restrictions.

But a similar argument applies to excluding some areas. All of Lancashire, all of GM in tier 3 and yet bits of Cheshire excluded (like Warrington) is risking that same problem.

And if those in tier 3 all end up going to Liverpool for the night and drive numbers up there by doing so - how is this going to help.

100% I am sure Wigan ended up as a basket case because those in badly impacted areas like Blackburm and Bolton went there to do things they were unable to do locally and took the virus with them.

This is the main reason (though not the only one) why I support national measures not regional ones.

Divide the nation on Covid and you divide the people and that breeds anger, frustration. less compliance and likely exports the virus to the places that are favoured and so see their numbers rise.

It is easy to forget that we live on a small island. And nowhere is really isolated from anywhere else in the modern day. If people want to be in tier 2 but are stopped by the tier 3 rules they will have usually a fairly easy way to do just that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.