COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief....

The health secretary again praised the progress in Liverpool and the work of local leaders to make mass community testing a success.
He added that when local leaders did not work with the government, there was an impact on infection levels, with cases going up.
This was in "sharp contrast" with Liverpool and other areas where local leadership were "constructive and positive", Hancock said.
And your point is?

Good grief....

The health secretary again praised the progress in Liverpool and the work of local leaders to make mass community testing a success.
He added that when local leaders did not work with the government, there was an impact on infection levels, with cases going up.
This was in "sharp contrast" with Liverpool and other areas where local leadership were "constructive and positive", Hancock said.
Straight from the Tory play book - sow division.
Divide and rule.

london's rates are not higher.

There are that many figures out there it's hard to get accurate ones then, I have just seen a graph where it shows they are. I cannot believe due to the dense population of London, the masses crammed into public transport, all the protests and the fact Manchester has been in a Lockdown for months that we are worse off.

Good grief....

The man is a complete prick, I wouldn't want to be the guy trying to navigate through this shit storm but this guy is just not up to the task. I think he has a total lack of empathy and I have nothing but contempt for him and his sly squirming mannersims.
Tosser.

Last edited:
It’s becoming glaringly obvious how this is going to play out over the course of the next month. The government will be forced to renege on its commitments one week before Christmas, while stringent tiers will be placed on certain regions in the UK and lax ones will be placed on the wealthier counties, leading to a total breakdown in enforcing these tiers. I’ve been quite vocal in support of a lockdown to control the virus, but I’ve simply lost interest over the past month.

It‘s like that old trope “We‘re all in this together”. It’s just not the case.

There are that many figures out there it's hard to get accurate ones then, I have just seen a graph where it shows they are. I cannot believe due to the dense population of London, the masses crammed into public transport, all the protests and the fact Manchester has been in a Lockdown for months that we are worse off.
i suppose youve got two points; with the published data, the rolling averages in London are generally a bit lower than in the Manchester region. However whether you believe the real numbers, or whether more politics is in play, is another point altogether.

Tbh (despite everything) I was feeling a tad optimistic last week with the vaccination news.
Now today we have the AZ/Oxford vaccine dipped in a little negativity (although it might something or nothing).
And then this Tier system splitting and dividing.
Lending votes so 'get something done' from a chancer.
The worse thing is I can't seen a strong opposition (due to bloody in fighting).

The utter state of everything.
Starmer is a waste of space!! He’s a real wet lettuce.

He's probably just appeasing that huge Conservative block of voters they have across Merseyslide, haha!

That sound you're hearing?

That's the new 'red wall' tumbling down.

Lasted less than a year.

The levels of incompetence from this government, coupled with the divisions they have created, has reinforced the North South divide.

It's okay though, we're getting £10bn for an outdated train that can get us to Leeds 20 minutes quicker!
Spot-on. This government has also accelerated the inevitable break up of the UK. The London chattering classes don't give a shit about anyone outside the M25 (especially Scotland and Wales). But it's not just the Tories. The trendy lefties of Islington are just as bad. This country is not a democracy in my view. It is futile voting for anyone with the corrupt system we have.

According to the BBC pundits debating this Liverpool has been a success because they supported the mass testing and it has brought cases down and other areas in the north did not.

Is there any evidence at all for that?

Numbers were falling before the testing. Was not take up quite low? So how much difference did this really make?

But the BBC seems to think not supporting mass testing and wanting to target health workers and care homes instead for testing was the big mistake Manchester made.

I cannot see that making much sense. Am I missing something?

There seems to be quite a lot of scepticism in the scientific community over the impact.

I think there is an evaluation planned; my sense is that the mass testing as implemented is more about PR - to be seen to be doing something- than actually very effective.

Key issue appears more to be how to provide support to enable positives to self isolate, and their contacts, than finding more positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.