COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

somapop

The infection rate graph probably aligns with everyones positive/negative feelings over the last week.
Pulled right up then back down today (although hesitant to call the AZ news out as negative just yet).

What a grim year.

worsleyweb

Thing that’s really dawning on me is that irrespective of the outrage and anger directed towards the government for its incompetence from the population, this country still has enough idiots to vote for it in the next election and the Tories will get in power again to fuck people up the arse even more. People love shooting themselves in the foot.

I give up.

Healdplace

N ireland data 3 wks v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 8 v 15 v 12 v 8 today

Cases 576 v 548 v 487 v 447 today

7 day cases total 4256 v 3835 v 3401 v 2438 today

Patients 409 v 435 v 456 v 431 today - good news again

Ventilated 42 v 35 v 32 v 33 today

Care home outbreaks down by 1 to 139.

Del_Bosque

Az just announced they are doing a further international trial on the 0.5 then 1 dose of theie vaccine

presumably sample size wasnt enough

mosssideblue

Thing that’s really dawning on me is that irrespective of the outrage and anger directed towards the government for its incompetence from the population, this country still has enough idiots to vote for it in the next election and the Tories will get in power again to fuck people up the arse even more. People love shooting themselves in the foot.
It also still has enough idiots to prolong the misery for all by doing as they please.

worsleyweb

Az just announced they are doing a further international trial on the 0.5 then 1 dose of theie vaccine

presumably sample size wasnt enough

It wasn't and talks have been going on for 48 hours with the people who approve it and the government - i didn't want to post before as had come from someone who works in government. Could take several more weeks upto a few months i was told.

Last edited:

Mr Coopz

It also still has enough idiots to prolong the misery for all by doing as they please.
Your not wrong there. Probably doesn’t need to be said again but I’m past caring, this country is just one big circus. And we’re all being taken for a piss taking ride.

Del_Bosque

It wasn't and talks have been going on for 48 hours with the people who approve it and the government - i didn't want to post before as had come from someone who works in government. Could take several more weeks upto a few months i was told.

“Soriot (CEO of AstraZeneca) said he didn’t expect the additional trial to hold up regulatory approvals in the U.K. and European Union.”

I reckon they’ll force it through UK hopefully before Xmas, but US is going to have to wait till well into New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.