COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate sexism, didn't realise you are a chick though :-)
At my age old hen would be more appropriate I suspect.

But please don't worry. I don't think anyone (other than those I have conversed with by PM) realised for much of the time either until I mentioned it by accident when backing Kaz up over something a week or two ago.

I said nothing before then as it was not relevant.

Last edited:
Scotland data up first as usual. Nicola having a day off the briefing today btw.

Tragically deaths are up week to week again. But other data more promising,

Deaths 37

Cases 969 at 4.0% positive. Lowest in quite a while.

315 in Greater Glasgow, 201 Lanarkshire, 121 Lothian

Patients 1099 - a fall of 26 today and three successive falls totalling 98 since the start of the week. Very good news in line with falling hospital numbers in NW England.

Ventilators 80 - down 10. Obviously the deaths are a factor but these are falling too now.

The health minister taking the Scottish briefing issued a warning to people of Scotland which likely will apply in the rest of the UK.

She reported how the contact tracing ap is being used by scammers who are contacting people to falsely claim they need to isolate and (if I understood rightly) asking for bank details so they can pay in compensation.

This does not happen if you are really contacted by the ap - which will be no surprise to most people. But despicable some will abuse the system like this to try to steal from those trying to do the right thing.

Last edited:
Scotland 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today:

Deaths 31 v 56 v 32 v 37 today

Cases 1072 v 1357 v 1018 v 969 today - not a huge fall but going down as the 4 % positive suggests. It was 4.7 yesterday and 6.8% two days ago.

Patients 1237 v 1228 v 1234 v 1099 today - very clear flattening and fall in past week. Exactly what happened in the NW the past two weeks too. With Scotland and NW England in different regimes.

Makes you wonder if it is the measures that work or the two areas that were impacted the most are coming out of the second wave at roughly the same time almost regardless.

Ventilated 98 v 96 v 88 v 80 today - is a steady and hopeful downward path.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.