COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Healdplace

To see the falls here is a comparison of today versus 4 weeks ago.

Bolton 214 v 67

Bury 167 v 49

Manchester 372 v 130

Oldham 278 v 62

Rochdale 189 v 75

Salford 232 v 36

Stockport 201 v 37

Tameside 173 v 37

Trafford 127 v 40

Wigan 252 v 67

Last edited:

Healdplace

When I see those stats, it would appear to
me that only full lockdowns work properly.

I agree and made that point earlier. Pandemics spread by osmosis in a densely populated small nation like the UK where travel from anywhere to anywhere is simple in hours.

Only if the nation is all following the same rules will you stop the infected areas bleeding into the unaffected ones because people will seek out somewhere with more freedom. It is human nature.

We freed up Wigan and Stockport as both were low. Trafford had the option but locally decided to say no. Trafford benefited the most as cases were exported to the places people could go to seek more relaxed rules.

They are selling the success on the tiers. But really the best results have occurred in the past few weeks. It may have started slowing earlier when local rules applied but the lockdown imo should have continued nationwide up to maybe just before Christmas. If they are intent to make Christmas in effect a free for all.

Being in tier 3 is actually going to help minimise the damage Christmas will inevitably do. I know its hard to say no because livelihoods will be saved if Christmas freedoms are afforded but it is the unseen consequence that weeks of lockdown will follow that is the worst.

As I suspect even if the NW escapes the worst because of tier 3 up to Christmas the lockdown after it will not just be down south. You can bet on that

Last edited:

Healdplace

For Andyhinch - Cheshire East 68 cases - down from 70. Total cases 8910. Pop score up 17 to 2319.

BlueAnorak

SAGE advisor Prof Andrew Hayward told the BBC: “My personal view is we're putting far too much emphasis on having a near-normal Christmas.We know respiratory infections peak in January so throwing fuel on the fire over Christmas can only contribute to this"

Fellow SAGE member Prof John Edmunds told ITV’s Peston: "I think that it would be prudent not to go wild at Christmas quite honestly, so I think that we will have to moderate and have a slightly disappointing Christmas, unfortunately.”

And Prof Gabriel Scally, a member of the unofficial Independent SAGE group, said: “It's no use having a good Christmas if you're burying friends and relations in the new year
People will take part in Christmas regardless.
it is a necessary thing for mental health.
The last time Christmas was cancelled in 1647 it resulted in a major insurrection. This time would be no different.
It SAGE was serious about reducing the impact of Christmas they would be pushing for schools to close 9 days before Christmas - remember, schools are responsible for 29% of current Covid-19 cases. They haven't even suggested this should happen.

Last edited:

Tonster

People will take part in Christmas regardless.
it is a necessary thing for mental health.
The last time Christmas was cancelled in 1647 it resulted in a major insurrection. This time would be no different.
It SAGE was serious schools would be closed 9 days before Christmas - schools arecresponsible for 29% of Covid-19 cases. They haven't suggested this should happen.
You think schools should close? Surprised you’ve not mentioned it before.

Tim of the Oak

i came home this afternoon from my 8 hour shift.
my mrs very upset and distraught
her friend ,workmate and nurse had died overnight with covid,
took only three weeks from contracting covid on ITU to dying on ITU
42 years old and 2 children

God bless and rest in peace Mirri
Very sad to read. RIP Mirri

worsleyweb

i came home this afternoon from my 8 hour shift.
my mrs very upset and distraught
her friend ,workmate and nurse had died overnight with covid,
took only three weeks from contracting covid on ITU to dying on ITU
42 years old and 2 children

God bless and rest in peace Mirri

that’s so sad. What a tragic story. Sorry for the last and your wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.