COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
First reply on that^^ Why can't they just open everything up and if the hospitals can't cope, build more hospitals? I'd rather see the nightingale hospitals open than everyone locked down.

FFS
like my wife says and most people know
they cant open nightingale hospitals or build more
who is going to staff them ?
its that simple.

true, but he's got it right on this subject
I don’t like Fox, he’s a complete moron but a lot of stuff is massively exaggerated about him.

I reckon you could find a dozen blokes in the pub more politically astute than him, why he’s going to run a party I’ll never know.

but I don’t think he’s a racist, he’s just a plank.

If true then at least they are consistent as when Wigan and Stockport went from 3 to 2 Trafford said no then and stayed in 3

I think he might have just misunderstood my post last night referring to Trafford rejecting the offer last time round and why it benefited Trafford to say no and Stockport who said yes quickly ended up back in and got overtaken by Trafford as top borough in GM. I may well not have clarified that.

Though if you look at the GM Pop scores as of yesterday below half of them are now under the 200 cases per 100,000 limit usually applied to define tier 2 or 3. And the rest not far above it.

See below - with the current numbers v the ones used by the government to declare GM in tier 3. I show the ones from about 14 days ago to remove the impact of the student reallocation that increased numbers in GM artificially for a few days. No idea if the government took that into account. But a fairer comparison removes that impact. But they always used finalised case data nearly a week old so its a fair comparison.

Last Night:

TRAFFORD 122, STOCKPORT 150, TAMESIDE 158, SALFORD 164, MANCHESTER 194, BURY 223, WIGAN 224, BOLTON 225, OLDHAM 256, ROCHDALE 287

14 days ago:

STOCKPORT 347, TRAFFORD 372, MANCHESTER 403, TAMESIDE 421, BOLTON 470, WIGAN 470, SALFORD 479,
BURY 512, ROCHDALE 516, OLDHAM 619

As you can see there was a HUGE change between the data when they based the decisions and right now.

So just taking Trafford out now would be unreasonable and lead to anger elsewhere.

More importantly, Trafford and GM is where they are now because the recent lockdown has got it there. Opening up one or more areas in GM would reverse that and by Christmas when most restrictions go for five days it could result in a third wave that will lock down GM for the rest of the Winter.

I think coming out of tier 3 would be a serious mistake for any borough.

But I understand the temptation as it might be the difference between survival of a livelihood or not.

What it must NOT be is a politically motivated decision.

The loss of Blue44's wife's friend/colleague and mother of 2 at the age of 42 brings it home. I'm up for an extended lockdown until the numbers are right down and the vaccine is available, not a big family so Christmas on the back burner won't hurt me but surely just leave it this year to avoid any unnecessary deaths especially those like the aforementioned who put her life on the line and lost it trying to help others, heartbreakingly sad.
I could take or leave Xmas most years mate. The highlight for me is the Boxing Day football but that’s pretty irrelevant because we won’t be allowed into grounds.

As the Sasha guy who works for Andy Burnham has said, a decision on Covid Tiers (going into 2) on 17 December gives hospitality hardly any time to reopen before Xmas anyway. The hospitality businesses do need proper support and it now looks like Boris is going to make a Uturn on helping higher tier businesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.