COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional scoreboard shows everywhere up a small amount with NW still in second place. NE has fallen again to its lowest in a long time though.

And London goes up the most and has nearly 1000 more cases than the NW today.

Remind me who is in tier 2?

London 2614 - up from 1964

Midlands 1495 - up from 1435.

North East 590 - down from 638.

Yorkshire 1347 - up from 1237

And North West 1719 - up from 1689.

Andy Burnham will be twittering on this no doubt. Just 30 of the 3000 + extra cases today from the NW. Whilst 650 are from London.

I think it would help everyone’s sanity if they just assume that deaths will stay high until late spring, primarily because that’s what always happens every winter and whilst deaths ‘with covid particles present’ are being tracked rather than deaths caused directly by covid, it is inevitable deaths will remain high imo.

Even once vulnerable people are vaccinated, they could quite easily die of something else but still be recorded as a covid death. Cue mass hysteria from the media throwing doubt on the vaccines.

PS - I am pro-vaccine but can see the above coming a mile off because the media are living off the hysteria and will struggle to let it all go.

The other concern I have is that we don't know if vaccines stop the spread as yet. If they do - great! 'Cases' will come down to zero and the government will have a way out, albeit over a long period. If the vaccines do not stop the transmission but do stop people from developing illness, the government will have to change the way they record deaths away from 'died WITH covid particles' or else it is a never ending circle.

It is the folly of labelling perfectly health people who generate a covid positive test on a highly sensitive method as cases. This will be exacerbated by mess testing which with a 1% false positive rate will still show 10,000 cases even if nobody has the virus! Perhaps a move back to testing only those that get ill would become appropriate.

I hope I'm wrong but it will take a shift from the government to a more accurate method of reporting and tracking the effects of covid itself for them to have a way out. My hunch is things will co-incidentally end around the same time as the flu season ends.

JVT on now - really like this guy.

The other concern I have is that we don't know if vaccines stop the spread as yet. If they do - great! 'Cases' will come down to zero and the government will have a way out, albeit over a long period. If the vaccines do not stop the transmission but do stop people from developing illness, the government will have to change the way they record deaths away from 'died WITH covid particles' or else it is a never ending circle.

It is the folly of labelling perfectly health people who generate a covid positive test on a highly sensitive method as cases. This will be exacerbated by mess testing which with a 1% false positive rate will still show 10,000 cases even if nobody has the virus! Perhaps a move back to testing only those that get ill would become appropriate.

I hope I'm wrong but it will take a shift from the government to a more accurate method of reporting and tracking the effects of covid itself for them to have a way out. My hunch is things will co-incidentally end around the same time as the flu season ends.

JVT on now - really like this guy.
Your theory requires a shift from the Government and the NHS because it assumes the collusion of the majority of the medical profession.

The reality is that vaccine(s) will drive down the number of Covid cases and the serious harm the virus is doing to people within the next few months.

So the Tories are trying to exploit the vaccine for political gain. What a shock!!

Neither are correct to be honest. Most of the world is aligned in their approach to authorisation (why would you not be?). Our standards aren't centralised, granted, but they may as well be in terms of similarity.

Only exceptions being Japan and somewhat China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.