COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They shouldn’t be allowed on these briefings.

They either ask questions on exactly what has just been said in the briefing, ask questions that have no answer yet, ask questions on pure speculation, or silly questions that don’t have anything to do with what needs asking.

The press should be given a different slot in the day, away from these briefings.
Don't be an elitist. That's not you.

Politicians and scientists should be challenged, and most scientists would expect to be challenged.

The problem with modern-day journalists is that they don't hold authority to account and instead become an adjunct of it, and promote one wing or another.

The alignment of standards sounds very important. Collaboration seems to be the word of the day on why approval was achieved so fast. It’s good that the Pharmaceutical Companies are working with the regulator on an ongoing basis to try to resolve any issues upstream so that approval is achieved faster.

FWIW, I think Lanny is making the point that the MHRA could have approved the vaccine regardless of whether or not we are in the EU. He seems to have upped his game a bit since the days he was a bit of a laughing stock in the Department of Health.
Yes. Key point is that MHRA isn't some second rate regulator and they're acutely aware of how other major regulators operate. This approval didn't need the EU and it was wasn't in spite of leaving the EU either.

They're a mouthpiece that's all, never report anything without an agenda, I think most of the nation has woken up to it. I've finally persuaded my parents to stop watching BBC news and they've just about come out from behind the sofa.
Not true at all, for the majority of people the BBC. is the most trusted source of news. Its another case of social media and internet giving a false impression.

In addition to views on who they feel they trust the most, 62% of adults who follow the news said they are most likely to turn to the BBC for accurate news coverage, followed by 9% saying Sky News and 5% saying ITV. When asked who they are most likely to turn to for impartial news coverage, around half (51%) said the BBC, followed by 7% saying Sky News and 5% saying ITV.

Did i hear right that the clinically extremely vulnerable will be vaccinated if they already have appointments at one of the 50 hubs?

I'm classed as CEV and have an appointment at Salford royal on the 15th which is a hub. Wonder if they may give it me then?
Hope you get it as soon as. Been following your posts. Must have been bloody awful these last few months :-(

Regional scoreboard shows everywhere up a small amount with NW still in second place. NE has fallen again to its lowest in a long time though.

And London goes up the most and has nearly 1000 more cases than the NW today.

Remind me who is in tier 2?

Topline positives are not the only criteria. I suspect you know that.

As for tiers, I would be happier with Tier 3 rather than Tier 2. That's with London having less than half of the deaths the NW are experiencing. As a non business owner, I wouldn't be regularly bitching about being in Tier 3 rather than 2.

London has a population of 9m, as well as a higher population density and far more HMOs than anywhere else. It's surprising that London is not much higher than all other areas in relation to all of the stats.

For reference, here's the weekly stats

Attachments

• 20201202_190540.jpg
    20201202_190540.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 9
Not true at all, for the majority of people the BBC. is the most trusted source of news. Its another case of social media and internet giving a false impression.

In addition to views on who they feel they trust the most, 62% of adults who follow the news said they are most likely to turn to the BBC for accurate news coverage, followed by 9% saying Sky News and 5% saying ITV. When asked who they are most likely to turn to for impartial news coverage, around half (51%) said the BBC, followed by 7% saying Sky News and 5% saying ITV.

So it your little poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.