COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an amazon delivery today,i said to him stay safe and he flashed me the biggest smile and said thank you,we should appreciate the people that are working and bring stuff to us whilst we are isolating
That's the attitude needed in these times well done

that would be the best idea but unfortunatly their are those who will abuse the money by pumping it into the hands of William Hill and Bargain Booze and when its gone will come looking for further handouts while their children live on spag hoops

Spag hoops with sausage?

Just walked the dog past my local, I've not been in there for over 3 weeks, about 7 in there all sat together, 1 guy I know is in his 70s with his son who's previously had pneumonia and chest issues and two guys that run local businesses employing 15+ staff.
I just can't get my head round it, when will it sink in with some people the shit we're in?

Just walked the dog past my local, I've not been in there for over 3 weeks, about 7 in there all sat together, 1 guy I know is in his 70s with his son who's previously had pneumonia and chest issues and two guys that run local businesses employing 15+ staff.
I just can't get my head round it, when will it sink in with some people the shit we're in?

Maybe when these places have to close as opposed to us being asked politely to not go anymore.

My sister has just been taken away in an ambulance due to this fucking awful thing. She is 34 for fucks sake

This week we were all due to attend our wedding on Friday. The whole thing is fucked

Don’t give a shit about anything but my sister now, and my 10 year old nephew

Just an update. She has been released from hospital now, but despite showing the symptoms they have said they won’t be testing her because her cough wasn’t continuous

So they think she has had a panic attack or asthma attack. Not great, but suppose it’s better news than having this shitty thing

Can you imagine your family member not getting a ventilator because of those people needing one and not taking precautions?

It beggars belief. Is it harsh for me to say anyone nipping down the pub following yesterday’s request from the PM is a selfish twat?

Even my 80 year old dad has come to his senses and is knocking his Sunday evening drinking ritual on the head for the time being. I really wish he hadn’t gone out on Sunday because he has COPD and asbestosis (making him very high risk if he gets it) but at least he listened to our advice eventually and told his mates that was it for at least 4 weeks. Now he knows that 4 weeks may turn into 3 months and is ready to self isolate. I still expect him to nip out for a morning paper, etc, as there’s no way I’d expect him to stay in for 12 weeks but if he limits his contact with other people then he’s reducing his risk of getting it. It’s not just the pub of course - he could catch it while travelling to and from the pub on the bus. Of course, he could get it by simply punching his PIN number into the cash point so you can’t cover all bases but I feel the pub is one of the biggest breeding grounds for it.

Well I am thoroughly confused now as the modelers seem to have switched models and gone from an imaginary estimate of 250,000 deaths to a hoped for 20,000 overnight. If one model objective was 20k, then why did we ever go for a strategy leading to 250k? I am sure it's not like that at all.

Whatever the real situation it is sad but somewhat reassuring to see empty streets. My uni closed today at 5 pm. I don't think I can handle months of boredom. It's like a never ending international week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.