COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the worse thread on the internet.
I'm on loads of different sites covering various topics.
NONE are as paranoid and doom mongering than this one.
Some people need to take a break reading/posting for a few days.
For your own metal health as well as others...

About ten (or maybe 20) years from now some clever lad or lass at university will do their research thesis on "Comparative levels of anxiety in British football forums about the coronavirus outbreak of 2020-21." (And perhaps relate it to the gloom & doom about their team's footballing fortunes.)
City will be at the top.
Who else will be in the top ten?
Someone like Fulham or Raith Rovers fans might have a more relaxed rating.

Glad I don't live in Shetland.

3t424x.jpg
Apparently Kensington and Chelsea tops the list in England (34.7) followed by Westminster. An indicator of how easy it is to get a test?

Could be the case at times. I am not sure if it is with @Indaparkside — he would have to say. But it is something I can pass on to Ric to see if it makes sense.

It is difficult, as I do try to do most of my moderation via engagement rather than formal action, so I don’t want to lose that route with a special heading that makes one of my posts seem more serious than it actually usually is, if that makes any sense.

And thanks, mate — I’ll assume “special” is a good thing (though Inda and a few others would likely disagree). ;-)

Inda — to avoid further monopolising the thread, I am happy to discuss your concerns via PM if you feel that would be helpful.

I was not being rude m8 just I feel some posters are apprehensive of what they post as their worried about the reply’s they receive on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I try and see things from every angle, think people are unsure what to post as the advice we are getting on tv changes hourly

Analysts who have used modelling to determine the Covid-19 spread advise that the initial UK governments response to this virus would have resulted in 250,000 deaths in the UK using the herd mentality, but their change in stance this week and with further tougher measures as a country we can reduce this to 20,000 deaths. This is also largely dependent on how the public follow the advice given. So we are likely to see deaths in the region of 20,000 and 250,000 in the UK.

The peak is also determined to be not in May of this year but November/December when the virus returns after a dip this summer.

News of a vaccine being available soon, is not one that necessarily will work, but merely can be tested. There are no guarantees it will succeed in killing off this virus.

Apparently Kensington and Chelsea tops the list in England (34.7) followed by Westminster. An indicator of how easy it is to get a test?

Kensington and Chelsea has some very poor parts.
Grenville Tower for instance.

Analysts who have used modelling to determine the Covid-19 spread advise that the initial UK governments response to this virus would have resulted in 250,000 deaths in the UK using the herd mentality, but their change in stance this week and with further tougher measures as a country we can reduce this to 20,000 deaths. This is also largely dependent on how the public follow the advice given. So we are likely to see deaths in the region of 20,000 and 250,000 in the UK.

The peak is also determined to be not in May of this year but November/December when the virus returns after a dip this summer.

News of a vaccine being available soon, is not one that necessarily will work, but merely can be tested. There are no guarantees it will succeed in killing off this virus.

vaccines don’t kill off anything...

My wife is a teacher in a deprived area, so she will need to go in, half the kids get their main meal there.

What happens then to teachers who have kids?

What is the point of me putting my family on a self-imposed lockdown, when the wife is still coming in every night from a school.

These measures are half-baked.

The biggest employer in this country is the NHS.

Coupled with so many deprived kids in schools, plenty will still be open in this country.

I am a school Site manager
He said the UK schools will be shutting, the only caveat is that emergency workers children will still go to school.

and so teachers and support staff will be in .I am a school site manager so I will be in

I was not being rude m8 just I feel some posters are apprehensive of what they post as their worried about the reply’s they receive on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I try and see things from every angle, think people are unsure what to post as the advice we are getting on tv changes hourly
That’s completely fair, mate. I don’t want to give the impression I am trying to stop general discussion and expression of opinion. I was only responding to what I thought was a post that wasn’t far off a wind up, which isn’t especially helpful, and offer guidance for how they could better influence the direction of discussion in the thread (to make it less “paranoid and doom mongering”, as they said). And point out that we have other threads focused on only specific advice for coping with this crisis, as well as only positive news and opinions for the COVID-19 situation, which seemed to be what they were looking for. I also wanted to share that I am on other forums, as well, most nothing to do with football, and they are not far off this one with the varying stances and opinions.

Everyone is doing their best right now, but many our understandably struggling and want to come in to this and the other threads to find companionship and sense of community, and I didn’t feel that post was meant to encourage that at all.

That’s completely fair, mate. I don’t want to give the impression I am trying to stop general discussion and expression of opinion. I was only responding to what I thought was a post that wasn’t far off a wind up, which isn’t especially helpful, and offer guidance for how they could better influence the direction of discussion in the thread (to make it less “paranoid and doom mongering”, as they said). And point out that we have other threads focused on only specific advice for coping with this crisis, as well as only positive news and opinions for the COVID-19 situation, which seemed to be what they were looking for. I also wanted to share that I am on other forums, as well, most nothing to do with football, and they are not far off this one with the varying stances and opinions.

Everyone is doing their best right now, but many our understandably struggling and want to come in to this and the other threads to find companionship and sense of community, and I didn’t feel that post was meant to encourage that at all.
@Indaparkside I'd say that's a fair response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.