COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Images from Chine Nouvelle/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock of medics flying around the world.

The first is from Wuhan international airport which I liked because this is of course where the infection started and it shows that it does pass.
4000.jpg

5208.jpg

Pass my fucking arse. Don’t believe anything the Chinese say.

I do have nothing but praise for yesterday, it isn’t being agile and judging things on their part. They’ve fucked up, it was clear last week places should have shut and possible lock downs. Instead the big message last Friday was wash your hands and old people don’t go on fucking cruises. They’ve lost the head start we had by fucking around and thinking to be different and everyone else was wrong. You are able to criticise them when it’s due and it is due by their whole approach to this. It’s then ok to big them up when it’s due like yesterday.
They didn't fuck up at all. Boris made it clear that they would be driven by scientific and medical advice from day 1 and they have ratcheted up the measures as the science has become clear and they could see the effect of previous measures.

From the way things are going, London probably needs to be locked down. But nowhere else does.

They didn't fuck up at all. Boris made it clear that they would be driven by scientific and medical advice from day 1 and they have ratcheted up the measures as the science has become clear and they could see the effect of previous measures.

From the way things are going, London probably needs to be locked down. But nowhere else does.

We must have difference science to the rest of the world then. This time next week I imagine we will be in lockdown, a week later than we should be, just like the pubs etc closed a week later than they should have been. Yesterday’s announcements should have been last weeks and I wouldn’t have had a bad word against them. I’m happy they’ve finally seen the light it’s just a shame we waited a week.

They've fucked up big time. They already admitted they were fucking up. IMO the UK will end up with the most casualties in Europe and if that happens considering they had a huge head start on Italy/Spain it will be a national scandal.

We must have difference science to the rest of the world then. This time next week I imagine we will be in lockdown, a week later than we should be, just like the pubs etc closed a week later than they should have been. Yesterday’s announcements should have been last weeks and I wouldn’t have had a bad word against them. I’m happy they’ve finally seen the light it’s just a shame we waited a week.

We have had a similar approach to Germany I think. Somehow they have avoided the same quantity of deaths though.

I'm on low dose ACEs for moderate BP. I survived the illness. My BP shot up to 190/77 while ill though so stopping taking them may not be a good idea if you have hypertension.
There is an alternate medicine group ARBs, but they dont completely cover you from hypertension illnesses like ACEs.
Talk to your doctor.
Seems like a gamble either way, just have to not leave the house till it passes. Grim :(

Funny, because ICL who are supplying Boris with the modelling, said they only realised after his first speech that they got the death rate figure wrong and following the initial strategy would have resulted in 250k deaths and would result in the NHS going 800% over capacity, so they had to change strategy.

They’ve published the data and in the report explained they only realised the data was wrong after the initial speech was made.

Unless you have some further info to suggest ICL published a fake report??

Thanks for this informative post.

@BlueAnorak mentioned blood pressure a few times when they described their own experience with Covid-19 further back in this thread.

I did post a message with an alert asking if this was because they have high blood pressure.

Hopefully, they will notice the alert and let us know.

It's only one person but if they got through it while taking an ACE inhibitor, it would still provide a bit of reassurance for others who take this medication.

Exactly. That's why the experience of China is important to know, as while there are scientific theories based on biochemistry, the evidence based medicine is more reassuring.

As an addendum to BlueAnoraks great post, hypertensives are usually recommended to lower their sodium in take. I know several who followed this to the letter while taking ACEIs. Their sodium levels dropped dramatically. As they work as a pair the potassium went up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.