COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
U.K. now ahead of Italy on their curve. We’ve been consistently 15 days behind. Now we’re up to 230+ dead, they were at 197 15 days ago.

Shit’s about to get fucking awful.

We're actually at exactly the same number of deaths (233) that Italy were at the same stage. We're 14 days behind them

On the very next day, Italy had their first huge rise when 133 died, so if the same trajectory is going to be followed we can expect a dark day tomorrow

London traditionally fares ok. There are too many people in this city and not enough houses.

As cash buyers, I figured this would work in our favour because prices elsewhere may drop. We literally don’t give a fuck who we sell it to if they’re prepared to pay the money.
Every cloud and all that.

It is starting to take off in Brazil now. Considering how densely packed the favellas are that is a bit of a powder keg. They are only closing shops this coming monday to. It is way to little way to late for them, i bet the side street bars they have all over the favellas will not close or the block parties etc.

Italy have just reported 793 deaths from today, 9% death rate that makes it so i read, no idea if that percentage is accurate.

U.K. now ahead of Italy on their curve. We’ve been consistently 15 days behind. Now we’re up to 230+ dead, they were at 197 15 days ago.

Shit’s about to get fucking awful.

Deaths reflect new cases 14 days ago.
Apparantly the new cases level in London is very, very bad. They'll be published on the government web site in an hour or so.

A predicament. I'm self employed and need to work. I travel from workplace to workplace, throughout the day. I must continue to work, to pay the bills and earn enough to eat. The government who have been excellent so far(I didn't vote for them) seem to be ignoring our plight . My mates are mostly in the same boat and will continue to work, offering their services where needed to feed the family.

5 million is a large chunk to ignore, we will be out there perhaps as a major danger to health in this country. 94 quid wont do it for me. I feel guilt for something that has not happened yet, but what are my alternatives ?

Interview with Irene Tinagli an Italian MEP for Lombardy 18.09 BBC News (i player) worth listening too.

She says the rate of growth of the epidemic is moderating. There are no new cases in the original small towns that were quarantined in Lombardy but the industrial areas of Northern Italy have been very badly hit. She says that whilst the small towns were quarantined and responded very well, the workers in the surrounding region kept going to work in confined factories and so the infection spread.

When asked about what advice she has for the UK it is lockdown, and take care of your health staff as around 10% of their health staff have been infected.

She didn't say it but the big miss in Europe seems to be a mass testing strategy.

I think it was a week ago we had around 20 deaths and the Government said they believed there were between 5000 and 10000 positive cases at the time,

So if you go in the middle and say 7500 cases at the time then based on 230 deaths now it is safe to say there are likely to be around 80,000 positive cases now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.