COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also interesting in that thread is this:

No. of days it takes for patients to die;

Italy - 8 days
South Korea - 10 days
Japan - 19-20 days

That’s quite a discrepancy between the three. Could be to do with the health system, the speed of treating the symptoms or it could add some weight to the arguement that there might be different strands in different places.

Or maybe that Italy have so many cases that they can't treat them all and are often not treating those with low recovery potential. Therefore those people die more quickly than they would if they had received a bed in the ICU.

Or maybe that Italy have so many cases that they can't treat them all and are often not treating those with low recovery potential and therefore they die more quickly than they would if they received a bed in the ICU.
That was part of the ‘health system’ option. No. of beds, ventilators, medics etc clearly one of the major factors.

Completely agree. It’s a nice idea but the reality is people will take the piss and it will be impossible to police. If they can get a few fines in early doors that would at least be a deterrent. Would be nice if they could get an on the spot fine and hand the cash over there and then.
Bearing in mind the cash may be contaminated.

Much better thanks for asking x
UEFA have finally formally postponed the CL and EL finals as well
I went to cancel my hotel booking to find it was already cancelled! Airport hotel so hotel is closed for lack of business. They hadn't told me.

Yesterday and since friday I could.

Work from home
Go to the shops
Nip out for a walk
Stopped meeting friends and visiting family
Was making no non essential trips out.

Today is exactly the same.

Some are saying last night marked a big change, but is the same measures as last week with the extra that if you being a twat you will get arrested.

All or most major shops are still doing online delivery services.

Only barbers, hairdressers, fast food retailers and knocking shops have to enfoce the shop closure part.

New cases in China are double the previous day's figures, 39 to 78, it'll be interesting to see in the next few days if this trend continues following the lifting of restrictions.

so why do we believe their reporting of new cases now and didn’t before? The government are now on full spin claiming that all new cases are imported cases, lecturing the UK and Italy and have even suggested the outbreak may have started in Italy rather than China and if it did start in China the virus was planted their by the Americans. Full on misdirection and PR exercise now.

they can stick their stats up where the sun doesn’t shine.

Good to see that the essential sports direct have vowed to stay open. All those zero hour contract workers forced into work or face being sacked to flog a batch of old treadmills as Ashley looks to capitalise on the desire for indoor exercise equipment whilst making out they’re doing it for the good of the country. Absolute scum.

should only be warehouse staff tbh.

so why do we believe their reporting of new cases now and didn’t before? The government are now on full spin claiming that all new cases are imported cases, lecturing the UK and Italy and have even suggested the outbreak may have started in Italy rather than China and if it did start in China the virus was planted their by the Americans. Full on misdirection and PR exercise now.

they can stick their stats up where the sun doesn’t shine.
I didn't say I believed them but it's interesting that they chose to report a doubling of new cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.